Grow Your Business with Female Leadership
• Nicole Hayward
• SVP, Marketing & Product Management, OnSIP Business VoIP
• Michael Oeth
• CEO, OnSIP Business VoIP
• Nancy Ridge
• Vice President, Telecom Brokers and
• President & Co-Founder, Women in the Channel
• Moderator: Peter Radizeski, RAD-INFO INC.
More than “the right thing to do”…Big
• DDI Global Study: “Companies in the bottom 20 percent of financial
performance had only 19 percent women in leadership positions;
companies in the top 20 percent have 37 percent female leadership.”
• McKinsey&Company: “Between 2008 and 2010, companies with
more diverse top teams were also top financial performers. That’s
probably no coincidence.” 
• Leaders like Richard Branson of Virgin, John Veihmeyer of KPMG and
our own Mike Oeth agree…diversity creates a strategic advantage.
Why does gender diversity pay off?
• “Men and women share the same four most frequently named top five strengths:
Responsibility, Learner, Achiever, and Relator.
• Strength: Relationship-building: “On an aggregate basis, men more often have
Strategic and women are more likely to have Empathy in their top five.”
• Strength: Team-Playing: “Another intriguing strength statistic is that men tend to
lead with Achiever while women tend to lead with Responsibility.
• Strength: Healthy Outlook: “…we find that women are four percentage points
more likely than men to be thriving in well-being, and that's significantly higher.”
Gallup Data 
How can businesses leverage women’s
strengths to accelerate collaboration and
When asked what training and development skills were needed to help
women move into leadership roles the responses were:
• 57% - Leadership Training
• 56% - Confidence Building
• 48% - Decision Making
• 47% - Networking
• 46% - Critical Thinking
How do you create a culture where
women can thrive?
“Hard” and “soft” incentives
Leadership Training with a Female Focus
Support Professional Womens’ Groups
How Does WiC Facilitate Business-Growth
Through Support of Female Leadership?
• Meet role models
• Learn to identify areas to grow
• Practice skills in a “safe” place
• Lead a Conference Call
• Give Live Presentations
• Expand Marketing Skills
• Lead a Committee
• Become a Board Member
• Be Recognized (LIPSTICK Award)
• Join WiC Today