Software applications today are written as web-based applications to be run in an internet
browser. Manual Testing is not always preferred for critical and complex application to repeat the tests. To
overcome this hurdle Automated Testing was introduced. To simplify the standard automated process even
further, “The Universal Web automation Framework,” is a unique approach developed by dentsu World Services
which is of extensive help to test any applications.
This study aims to propose a new automated framework for testing web applications that
enhances the automating process. Our proposed framework can save approximately 75% of the total Manual
Framework, reusability & setup time/effort as compared to the Traditional Automation approach. It helps in
coverage up to 80-85% of your Regression workload and efficiently develops the stability of the application. Data
Maintenance & Analysis of failed scenarios becomes more easy and relatively efficient.
Automation QA Lead
Meet the Speakers
• Conventional frameworks are much suited for Small Web
Applications, limited browsers and scalability required huge efforts
to development as well as maintain
• For Large Cloud solutions with different locales conventional
framework is not suitable
• Existing framework is suited for only Functional Test Automation
• No support for Visual Test Automation
• API Testing needs separate framework support
• Load Testing should be carried out separately as part of NFT
• Folder Structure
• Source Control
• Test Data
• Test Environment
• Test Scripts
• Test Management Tool
• Coding Standards
• Build Verification Test
• Test Reporting
Java is a class-based, object-oriented programming language that is
designed to have as few implementation dependencies as possible.
An open-source tool that supports the Behavior Driven (BDD) framework. It
provides the facility to write tests in a human readable language called Gherkin.
Selenium is an open-source tool that is used for automating the tests carried
out on web browsers.
Python is an interpreted, object-oriented, high-level programming language
with dynamic semantics. Supports modules and packages, which encourages
program modularity and code reuse.
SonarQube is the leading tool for continuously inspecting the Code Quality
and Security of your codebases. and guiding development teams during
• Main functionalities of the project
• Browser testing is being carried out
• Contains all Selenium wrapper class
• Consists of all external systems
• All external systems which needs to be
automated but not tested
• Last layer in the application which is going to
be tested using automation.
• Cucumber Reports
• Auto updates
• Mapping with CI Builds
• Generate Reports from TCMS
• Updating existing test case has been reduced by
• Test scripts writing has increased by 23% as it is
easy to categorize the functionalities.
• Cross browser testing with Browser stack has
become easy to maintain and update.
• Framework can be integrated with different 3rd
party payment methods.
• Scalable to update multiple locales.
• Maintaining test data with “Properties” file is easy.
• Test Scripts creation is increased by 5% which
directly increases the automation coverage.
• Manual Regression Test Efforts dropped to 32%
with respect to overall testing efforts.