In today’s competitive online retail space, it is no longer just about shopping, it's about telling a great story to your target audience and connecting them to the brand in a way that matches customer expectations. Wilson® Sporting Goods was committed to providing a highly engaging experience known as “Experiential Commerce”, which replicates the shopping experience consumers expect from a brick-and-mortar store, where they leave with an emotional allegiance to the brand and product in their hands.
To bring this to life, Wilson married the abilities of Drupal as a CMS and Magento as an eCommerce engine to deliver a robust shopping and brand experience in partnership with HS2 Solutions. This architecture supports Wilson.com and other brands (Louisville Slugger, ATEC, Demarini) globally today.
Join Wilson and HS2 as they discuss:
-The strategy that led to a content-driven eCommerce solution, and how it came to life
-How the unique fusion of Drupal and Magento created this first-of-its-kind shopping experience
-How to approach content and commerce in an “experiential” way
-How to create an online catalog purchase experience without needing support from development teams
6HS2 Solutions confidential and proprietary.
1. Needed a place to tell the Wilson stories
2. More controlover the pages
3. Unify the Wilson Family of Brands on one platform
4. Tight integration of Drupal & Magento
5. Stay true to the brand
6. Needed an easy-to-use workflow
PAIN POINTS & BUSINESS DRIVERS
THE ALL NEW WILSON.COM
EMBRACES EXPERIENTIAL COMMERCE
8HS2 Solutions confidential and proprietary.
The blending of marketing and
e-Commerce to engage consumers
with brand storytelling to increase
loyalty and conversion.
12HS2 Solutions confidential and proprietary.
3. Site Admins
WE LOOKED AT THREE TYPES OF USERS:
18HS2 Solutions confidential and proprietary.
1. We had to take a mobile-firstapproach
2. Wilson branding changes based on the
sport (or business unit)
3. Most of the contenthad/has not been
WE HAD THREE PROBLEMS TO SOLVE:
WILSON.COM SOLUTION ARCHITECTURE
HS2 Solutions confidential and proprietary.
22HS2 Solutions confidential and proprietary.
• Connector is really multiple things:
• Exposed API endpoints on Magento
• Magento templates to renderpieces of a Magento page
• Drupalfunctionality to pull and process the Magento products and categories.
• Mainly, the connector exposes Magento data to Drupal so that pages can be
rendered seamlessly. But, it also allows Drupal to update key data on Magento
WHAT EXACTLY DOES THE CONNECTOR DO?