1)Overview of the situation.
3)Proposed course of action.
Overview of the situation →
As the machines are adding convenience to this
world and the jobs are turning out to be more
sedentary, delivery of goods and services at the
doorsteps is of utmost importance and many
companies are growing just by satisfying this
small need of the customers. With the same
perspective, I am showing you people the new
food delivery app which is capable of dominating
the market in its very first year, OPFoods!!
Company’s goal →
Our goal is to provide people with a fast
and free food delivery system which can
even alleviate some of the taxes which
makes the customers step back from
ordering at home. The goal will also
include information and entertainment.
Proposed Course of Action →
The main source of revenue and tax alleviation
will be advertising other firms on the food
containers and reusable glasses given for the
delivery. Along with this, the best quality of
customer service, control and coverage will make
this app reach the top of the segment in no more
than a year.
Company Overview →
The app(company) will be positioned in food
delivery conveniences. There are existing big
guns in the market such as Swiggy, Foodpanda,
Zomato but none has the tax alleviation feature.
We have to hire some delivery executives to
deliver in the test market i.e. Mumbai and launch
the app next month to invite corrections and
Market Overview →
The market for this positioning is growing
steadily and people are now preferring home
delivery even at higher prices than the direct
purchases. The youngsters and working
professionals aged 18-35 years will be our core
customers. If the app succeeds in its goal, then it
can even act as a change of taste for families and
middle class people. The potential competitive
responses must be countered carefully.
The goal of the company in the first year
is to achieve the breakeven and reach
the top of the popular
apps/recommended apps in all the app
Target Market →
1) Customer - We can focus on their me time and provide the
professionals with ease of food delivery at best price.
2) Collaborators - The delivery executives should be given a
fixed percentage of the total income in an area. This will
make the daily parities vanish.
3) Company - The marketing team has the utmost
importance in all the market research programs,
promotions and control features which can help
efficiently grow the company in minimum time.
Value Proposition →
1) Customers - It will provide them with fast and free
delivery of tax free food with the relevant updates and
advertisements on things they want to know and stay in
2) Company - The delivery executives will be ranked
according to their experience and performance in the
company. Special bonuses for those who are best
reviewed in a day, will be provided.
The revenue collected from advertising will be
used in various ways viz, compensating the
restaurants(sort of commission) as their footfall
will decrease, alleviating the target tax amount
from the food orders, promoting the app itself
using various communication channels and
paying off the salary of the employees.
1) The app will provide alleviation from taxes upto 10% on all
amounts of food ordered.
2) It will provide relevant and required advertisements and
information on general topics, that the customers want to
3) The menu will have the best user interface and each dish
will have the description of ingredients and recipe to help
in easy decision-making over the vast options.
1) No minimum order amount required.
2) There will be no shortage of delivery executives
and hence, fastest possible service.
3) Maximum mode of payments will be available to
cater any type of customer need.
4) Covering the maximum amount of restaurants in
a locality to cater all the moods and tastes of the
The name OPFoods (slang for
Over-Powered-Foods) will be our
disguise for the rest of the time with the
company. As the name suggests, we will be over-
powered and hence, the best food delivery people
in the market. This(top right corner) will be the
test logo for our App with the slogan “EAT AND
FEEL OP” .
1) The first order on the app will be totally free.
2) There will be special discounts and offers for
people who order more than 10 times a month.
3) Referrals will be provided with each download
and a certain amount will be discounted on
the next delivery with each referral going
1) The referrals and other incentives will help in
a word of mouth promotion of the app.
2) Paid advertisements on apps and things the
people use in me-time will be very efficient
and cost effective way of promotion.
3) Create buzz among influencers in the
customer community, app reviewers and tech
bloggers who focus on new app releases.
1) The app will be available on all the app stores, be it OVI,
Google Play, Apple App Store etc.
2) Achieving maximum sales in minimum time will make
the app appear in the top of “recommended apps” or “most
popular apps” columns, helping in finding the app easily.
3) Using features like App Store Optimisation.
4) Tracking the purchases to identify the highest value
users and focus on their conveniences.
2)Live customer support
3)Most popular dishes
4)Newly introduced dishes
6)Bugs and crashes
Control Measures →
1) There will be a customer review option for every dish so as
to increase transparency and information about the
2) An all day customer support service will be provided for any
feedback or help required.
3) For customer’s ease, recommended, popular and new dishes
will be shown separately.
4) The team will take care of the bugs and crashes of the app
regularly to improve the service and satisfaction with time,
helping in steady growth of the company.
Comparing the top guns in the market with respect
to revenue, growth, sales, investors etc.