1. To understand the security issues in cloud
and to identify the appropriate security
techniques by Fog computing
2. To suggest any Algorithms for the future
challenges to be faced in Cloud
1. Introduction to Cloud computing
2. Introduction to Fog computing.
3. Characteristics of FOG Computing.
4. Architecture of FOG computing.
5. Applications of FOG computing.
6. Why fog computing?
7. How Fog helps Cloud?
Cloud computing is a delivery platform which
promises a new way of accessing and storing
personal as well as business information.
Cloud computing, often referred to as simply
“ cloud,” is the delivery of on-demand
computing resources—everything from
applications to data centers—over the Internet
on a pay-for-use basis.
Breakfast in Paris, dinner
in London, data in
Types of attackers
ISSUES WITH THE
Difficult to handle huge amount of the data.
Problems with Data
Fog computing is a paradigm which
extends cloud computing paradigm to the
edge of the network.
The Terms Edge Computing and Fog
Computing are often used interchangeably.
Similar to Cloud, Fog provides data,
compute, storage, and application services
to end-users. This enables new breed of
applications and services.
WHY DO WE NEED FOG?
When techniques and devices of IoT are getting
more involved in people’s life, current Cloud
computing paradigm can hardly satisfy their
requirements of mobility support, location
awareness and low latency
Techniques Used By Fog
This method of behavior based
security is commonly used in fraud detection
This technique usually observes the users
search behavior’s it can easily differentiate
between normal user and unauthorized user.
This method is generally used in fraud
Decoy serves two purposes
1.Validating whether the data is authorized
2. Misleading the user with false or bogus
How DECOY works?
Hash Message Authentication Code (HMAC)
MD5 processes a document of variable
length into a fixed length output of 128 bits.
1. Variable length to fixed length output.
2. Input n-bit blocks
3. Input divided into 512 bit blocks
4. Padding is done
5. Buffer initialization
6. Output 128 bit
(1) The detection of masquerade activity
(2) The confusion of the attacker and the additional
costs incurred to identify the real information from
3) The combination of the two techniques: The
combination of user behavior profiling with decoy
technology provides a strong evidence of illegal
access and helps improve accuracy of detection.
1. Salvatore J. Stolfo, Malek Ben Salem,Angelos D. Keromytis, Fog
Computing: Mitigating Insider DataTheft Attacks in the Cloud, IEEE
symposium on security and privacy workshop (SPW) year 2012
2. Brian M. Bowen, Shlomo Hershkop, Angelos D. Keromytis, Salvatore
J. Stolfo, Baiting Inside Attackers Using Decoy Documents,
Department of Computer Science, Columbia University,NewYork, NY
3. Malek Ben Salem and Salvatore J. Stolfo, Decoy Document
Deployment for E_ective Masquerade Attack Detection, Computer
Science Department,Columbia University NewYork, NewYork 10027,
4.Flavio Bonomi, Rodolfo Milito, Jiang Zhu, Sateesh Addepalli, Fog
Computing and Its Role in the Internet ofThings, 170WTasman Dr.
San Jose, CA 95134, USA