EXAMPLE OF “IFFCO”
• FOR THE FARMERS, OF THE FARMERS, BY THE FARMERS.
• Indian Farmers Fertilizer Co-operative Limited (IFFCO) was
registered on November 3,1967 as a Multi-unit Co-operative
Society. On the enactment of the Multistate Co- operative Societies
act 1984 & 2002, the Society is deemed to be registered as a
Multistate Co-operative Society. The Society is primarily engaged
in production and distribution of fertilizers. IFFCO, to day, is a
leading player in India's fertilizer industry and is making
substantial contribution to the efforts of Indian Government to
increase food grain production in the country.
1. Growth: IFFCO is one the most leading companies of India. This
industry is expected to grow at significant rate and internal
strength is quite strong and good management as well.
2. Technology: Technology innovation has increased the company’s
productivity and distributional channels because of the company
adoption of modern technology.
3. Over the years, IFFCO has grown in strength from a modest
membership of 57societies in 1967-68 to 33260 as on March
4. The society derives strength from the invaluable contribution
made by its talented and dedicated employees, who is well
accomplished to deliver in the dynamic economic scenario for
gaining competitive advantage.
1. Gas supply: company has to depend on other companies
for the use of production
2. Insufficient production: as per demand of the fertilizer in
the country, company is not able to provide in full fledged
3. IFFCO are going only straight forward direction, i.e.
produce only fertilizers.
4. The use of fertilizers is depending only on rain and
irrigation facilities. If both are not good it will directly
affected to the use of fertilizers.
1. Continuous improvements quality and international
exposure has helped open up new doors to crossover
audience (farmers) and offers immense potential for
2. Company has opportunity to expand its Harrison by
structuring new plant at kalol unit because of to meet
demand of the market.
3. Expand the market by globalization.
4. IFFCO has a good distribution network by which he will sale
pesticides, bio-fertilizer, research seeds etc40
1.Many competitors are coming to
crash the strengths of the company
in the market for example GSFC.
2.Sometime lack of quality may
generate disloyal market.