Foresight cluster in PIM
Phase II pre-proposal
GFSF Extended Team Meeting
Rome, 25 – 28 May 2015
• 5-7 flagship products
• Each with 5-8 clusters of activities (CA plans not
needed at pre-proposal stage)
• Focus countries for work with other CRPs
• Identify key strategic partners and their roles
• Dialogue with stakeholders (inc GCARD3)
• Alignment with regional initiatives
• Engagement with private sector
• ISPC responsible for review, will advise FC
• High-level budget estimates
Flagship level guidelines
• Up to 4 pages plus budget table and annexes
• $20-100 million over 2017-2021
• Theory of Change, Impact pathways
• Innovations in methods?
• New areas of analysis?
• More capacity strengthening?
• Institutionalizing in the CGIAR
• Center level
• CRP level
• CGIAR level
• Institutionalizing beyond the CGIAR: Partnerships
• Other elements?
• CGIAR foresight activity
• Follow up with ISPC, also Gates, PIM, CCAFS, other prospective donors
• Draft work plan, including scenario ideas and process
• Continue with IPR reviews; feedback by 30Jun?
• IMPACT 3.3 improvements including GLOBE, livestock, nutrition etc.
• Finalize PIM and IFPRI-center contracts
• Draft PIM Phase II pre-proposal
• Other miscellaneous
• Request all ppts for GFSF website, also other website updates
• Meeting notes and summary for website
• GFS paper and DP
• 3.2 and web tool release
• Upcoming events
• ICAE Milan
• Feedback and next XTM (agenda, participation, location), writeshop?
• Others? Visits to centers?