This legislation is being sponsored by my legislative office, the office of State Representative Dar'shun Kendrick, and co-sponsored with others. This was a collaboration of a lot of different organizations.
From the Office of State Representative Dar’shun Kendrick
(404) 656-0109 * Darshun.Kendrick@house.ga.gov
Final Proposals for Black Wealth Agenda
1. HBCU tax credit- This would give a dollar for dollar tax credit to any Georgian
that gave to an HBCU specific program on entrepreneurship or STEAM. *2
versions: One would extend the former Angel Investor tax credit to include
HBCUs as an “eligible business” and the Second one doesn’t renew the former
Angel Investor tax credit but creates a new tax credit specifically for HBCUs.
[Has a Fiscal Note.]
2. Corporate Tax Credits for Addressing Racial Pay Inequities- A report would
be required from the Department of Revenue and Governor’s Office on tax
credits to corporations that assess diversity in their workforce, management and
leadership. It would be made available to the public. [Has a Fiscal note.]
3. Placement of underrepresented groups on all commissions (i.e. cannabis,
casino, etc.)- This would urge state agencies to appoint underrepresented groups
to all commissions within the State.
4. Reparations Resolution- This would be a non-binding resolution to support
federal legislation for a reparations study committee.
5. Color of Wealth Report- Report from the state on the wealth of various
demographics throughout the State. [Has possible Fiscal note.]