“What we focus on, expands.”
“What we give our attention to; we get
“Yes, we can!”
The Mini Test
• Listening Part A – Short Conversations
• DO’S and DON’TS
• Do pay attention to the whole conversation
• Do try to relate the pictures to what is being
• Do concentrate to know exactly what the
question is all about
• Don’t expect to understand every single
• Don’t panic if you miss something in the
• Don’t get distracted when you hear
something related to the pictures because
as you know they will ALL be mentioned
• Don’t leave ANY question unanswered
• If necessary make a reasonable guess!
• Listening Part 2 – Radio Interview
• Take a look at the answers before
• Try to predict the questions
• Take notes while you listen – they will
help you choose the correct answer
• Once again – DO NOT expect to
understand every single word
• DO NOT leave ANY question unanswered
• The good or bad feelings that a particular
person, place, or situation seems to
produce and that you react to (good/bad,
• “I have good vibes about this course”.
• “She had always had bad vibes about that
• a great creativity site for you to “poster
yourself”. A ‘glog’ is basically an online
poster web page. Students can combine
text, pictures, graphics, video, and audio
to create an interactive online poster.
Glogster has a very simple to use
interface. The final glog can be hosted by
Glogster or you can embed it into a wiki,
blog, or class web site.
• A model for you...