In order to get the most out
of your EHR solution, you
must understand the
Melissa McCormack, a medical
analyst at Software Advice, and
Cleveland Clinic’s Kelli Mangino
have worked together to uncover
the secrets of EHR implementation
success that can apply to any
• Up-front physician engagement
• Involve ODs in vendor selection
• Create templates and set
preferences in EHR system
• Saves you time and money
• Boosts patient engagement
• Use alerts to tell patients that it is time for
their next appointment to save mailing costs
• Enable scheduling via the patient portal and
save time on the phone
• Access to the system outside of office.
Being able to go home and have dinner
with your family and the ability to finish
your “paperwork” on your own time is a big
Ease into Adoption
• Don’t try to do everything from day one
• Try charting every third patient or only
new patients electronically, until you get
the hang of it!
Tip! Just because you’ve switched to an EHR
doesn’t mean you’ll be able to chart more quickly.
It will still take time to adjust to the new system!
Following these tips will make the
overwhelming process of adopting
an EHR solution smoother.
Be engaged from the
start, and you’ll see the
benefits in no time!
Think you’re ready to implement
an EHR in your eyecare practice?
Check out VisionWeb’s new Practice
Management and EHR solution, Uprise!