1. The Career Freelancers: Happily building a career through independent work.
2. The Business Builders: Driven by the desire to be their own boss.
3. The Side Giggers: Looking to ﬁnd ﬁnancial stability by supplementing existing income.
4. The Passionistas: Looking for the ﬂexibility to do something they love.
5. The Substituters: Replacing a traditional job that is no longer available.
THE FIVE FACES OF THE ON-DEMAND ECONOMY
From people determined to be their own boss, to those embracing the ﬂexibility to do something
they love, to workers ﬁnding a replacement for a traditional job – people working in the
on-demand economy are just about as diverse as the labor market itself. These are the ﬁve key
groups of workers in the on-demand economy: