DEFINITION: procedure text is a text that is designed to describe how something is
achieved through a sequence of actions or steps.
PURPOSE: explains how people perform different processes in a sequence of steps.
Manual (how to charge smartphone, etc.)
Food recipe (how to make fried noodle, etc.)
Tutorials (how to make paper ship, etc.)
1. Goal or aim: It contains the purpose of the text. (e.g.: How to make spaghetti)
2. Materials or ingredients: it contains the materials that are used in the process. (e.g.: the materials
to cook omelet are egg, onion, vegetable oil, etc.)
3. Steps: it contains the steps to make something in the goal. (e.g.: first, wash the tomatoes, onion,
...., second cut the onions becomes slice. . .)
Tense: simple present tense
Imperatives (e.g.: cut the bread!, don’t mix the egg and the flour!, etc.)
Action verbs (e.g.: turn, put, mix, etc.)
Connectives (e.g.: next, then, after that, etc.)
Numbering (e.g.: first, second, etc.)
HOW TO CHARGE HAND PHONE BATTERY
• hand phone
• battery charger
1. Plug the charger into the wall socket.
2. Connect the charger to your hand phone.
3. Wait until the battery icon appears on the screen.
4. Charge the battery until the battery icon indicates that
the battery is fully charged.
5. Remove the charger by pulling out from your hand phone.
GOAL OR AIM
HOW TO MAKE SANDWICH
Two slice of bread,
beef sausage that has been be cut,
tomato, celery, and cucumber.
1. First, place a slice of bread on the plate.
2. Second, put the chili sauce.
3. Third, adds tomato, cheddar cheese, beef sausage, fried egg.
4. After that, add chili sauce.
5. Then, put a slice of bread on the top, and cut into triangle shape using a knife.
6. Garnish with cucumber and celery, Finally, serve it!
1. What kind of text is it?
a. Procedure text
b. Narrative text
c. Functional text
d. Descriptive text
2. What is the goal of the text?
a. To make bread
b. To make burger
c. To make sandwich
d. To make delicious food
3. How many ingredients are needed in making sandwich?
4. How many steps in making sandwich?
5. Which tool is best suited for cutting
the bread into triangle shape?