• The mobile phone market is a booming industry world-
wide. Today, there are more mobile phone sold daily than
any Radio Sets, TV screens, Personal computers or Printed
• The mobile phone, therefore, constitute a strong media
platform for broadcasters whose challenge is to grow both
their listenership and revenue thereof.
• By leveraging on the widespread use of mobile phones,
Commercial Radio Stations can now reach even the most
unreachable communities in emerging markets without
outlaying any upfront radio network infrastructures costs.
• mRadio is a mobile radio service for Commercial Radio
Stations to distribute pre-recorded short Radio content to
their audience’s mobile phone either on monthly
subscription based and on-demand.
• Consumers looking to listen to mRadio can simply send the
required SMS keyword to receive a call-back from the radio
station to play the news headlines in 45 seconds.
• mRadio offers to consumers the flexibility and convenience
to stay up to date with current affairs from their mobile
phones wherever they are.
User sends a keyword BBC to our servers to
indicate that she wishes to listen to the
latest BBC news headlines
SMS Keyword “BBC”
to short code 3455
User receives call-back from our IVR system
playing the pre-recorded news headlines of
the day in 45 seconds.
• mRadio gives to Commercial Radio stations the opportunity to
have their content available to listeners via a mobile phone call,
• The service allows listeners to stay informed wherever they are
for as long as they have a cellular phone coverage.
• Commercial Radio Stations could also use mRadio to charge
Advertisers for reaching listeners through mobile media;.
• Commercial Radio Stations could also charge for the service to
consumers – either as once off or monthly subscription fee.