Throughout the years, website owners have been trying to master SEO with one goal – get more traffic. Today, it's a new ball-game. Read why and how here.
Recently, we had a chat with Andy Crestodina, co-founder of both Content Jam and Orbit Media Studios. Andy has an infinite amount of knowledge on SEO. This Slideshare gives you the major takeaways from the chat.
You can read the whole Blog post here: https://sleeknote.com/seo-rankings-ecommerce/
Its mostly about Content Marketing.
That means that you have to create useful and helpful
content on your site, as people most often ask questions
related to products, and not just search for specific
For example, if you are an ecommerce site selling
jetpacks, you must build up a body of pages, with phrases
related to jetpacks such as jetpack safety, rocket
maintenance, buying guides, advice for children’s use of
jetpacks and so on.
The Power of URL
Structure is important.
• Create a page for every topic – And make sure your URL structure fits.
• Create a sitemap that has a page for each category, as Google doesn’t rank sites; it ranks pages.
• Design a search-optimized catalogue with a specific URL for each category or phrase that you
Increase load times
Google hates slow sites and pages.
• If the images on your website is are huge, the
page will load more slowly – Andy Crestodina
tells you how to manage your pictures and
minimize the loadtimes here.
• Web developers can have an enormous impact
on your load times as they can determine the
load order – for example, make sure all your
third party plug-ins load last, as they suck up load
…so you want the best possible load time to rank
Internal link building – an underrated part of SEO.
link building is important for your visitors. If they only view two or
three pages during a visit, your site probably isn’t interesting enough,
if they stay too long, your site is likely to be confusing.
The ideal number of pages per visit is 7-10 pages, and link building is a
vital part of achieving that goal.
when you do internal link building, one page’s authority or ranking is
shared, as it passes some of the authority to other related pages – all
thanks to internal linking and keywords in the navigation itself.
on a limited
Focus on one particular topic or phrase
enough to rank higher—put all efforts on one
smaller area instead of your entire site.
Focus, focus, focus.
1. Go to Analytics and go to the
acquisition search optimization
2. look for phrases you almost rank for
and focus on optimizing them – and
3. Take that one thing and really
optimize and improve it. Add more
text, more pictures, indicate
relevance, add quotes, and statistics
– make that page the best page!
Read the whole guide here, including:
• The biggest mistakes – all committed so that you can
• Including the key phrases – everywhere or nowhere?
• Navigation don’ts and examples of bad web design
• The future of SEO