Organization study @
•Established in 1972
• A turnover of USD 2.2 billion (INR 133 bn) as
of FY 13-14
• Available in over 100 countries
• Over 16,500 employees
• 8 manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe and
• 7th fastest growing Tyre Company in the world.
• 16th largest Tyre Company in the world.
• First Tyre Company in India to obtain ISO9001
certification for all its operations
Ranking of Indian tyre companies
on the basis of production
1. MRF Tyres Limited
2. Apollo Tyres Limited
3. JK Tyres Limited
4. CEAT Tyres Limited
5. Modi Rubber Tyres Limited
6. Birla Tyres Limited
7. Good Year India Limited
8. Vikrant Tyres Limited
Highlights of Apollo Tyres Ltd
World tyre industry – Ranking
Cooper tire 11
Nokian Renkaat 12
Double coin 13
Nexen tire 14
Apollo tyres 16
INDIAN TYRE INDUSTRY
• Indian Tyre industry expects to grow 11%-12% during the
next three years with revenues of Rs. 623 billion.
• The profitability of the industry has a high correlation with
price of few materials such as rubber, crude oil, as it
accounts more than 70% of the total cost.
• It is mainly dominated by 4 major players MRF, APOLLO
TYRES, JK TYRES and CEAT. They enjoy more than 70% of the
total market shares
Other plants in India:- Baroda, pune, perambra, kalamassery
Zimbabwe – Bulawayo
South Africa – Ladysmith,
• To be a significant player in
the global tyre industry and
a brand of choice, providing
customer delight and
• Customer First
• Business Ethics
• Care for Society
• One Family
• Communicate Openly
In division one, assigning the jobs are compound
mixing, fabrics, dipping, Extrusion and calendaring.
The division has two sections. One in stock
preparation and other is tyre building. Each section has an
The final preparation of tyre. This division jobs are
curing and final finish. This division has an executive in tyre
HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT
• Apollo Tyres Ltd has a good HR and Administration
department which always look forward to increase
the efficiency of the employees.
• HR department is concerned with the security,
reception, time office, welfare, safety and
The major functions of this department are:-
Security and Safety
Other Administrative activities
• The corporate office situated at Gurgaon does most of the accounting and
taxation jobs of ATL.
• At Perambra plant there is a separate accounting and finance department.
This department deals with salary, wages and costing & Excise duties.
• The success of the company is in its products , people & distribution
• The head office is situated at new Delhi that controls the entire
• There is no separate department for marketing in Perambra.. ATL has 3
corporate offices in Kerala (Cochin (Main office), Trivandrum, and Calicut
which does the market functions for company.
• ATL mainly focus on truck segments (truck tyre market
(replacement and OEMs), light truck commercial market and in
the farm category
• Due to the increased competition and customer demand they
also focus on radial tyres.
• To produce truck/bus radials ATL and Michelin entered into a joint
• ATL has created an image in the minds of the customers regarding
the quality of their product and its past performance.
• Constant process is done at every stage of manufacture and the
company performance. ATL positions its products according to the
• The price is fixed depending on the variation of the price of main
raw materials and based on the market situations.
• ATL use a mix of media for the target audience.
• ATL advertise less for commercial vehicles because it is more face-
to-face and interactive
• Other promotional activities include printing of brochures,
sponsoring of events and running various awareness campaigns
• Wide product variety .
• Excellent Geographical coverage across Asian, European and
• Good financial position.
• Good Brand awareness about the product.
• Has manufacturing plants at India, SA, Zimbabwe and
• Over 4000 dealerships in India, and over 900 in South Africa.
-Low presence in latest car models.
-Low presence in two/three wheeler segment.
-Brand yet to establish itself like the market leaders.
• Steady growth in vehicle production in the immediate future leading to
• Improved Infrastructure has fuelled more and more transportation.
• - More tie-ups with Automobile companies as it’s mainly into B2B market.
• -Emergence of India as a hub for small car production.
• -Emerging markets and improved lifestyle.
• - Stiff competition from national and international brands.
• - Price wars.
• - Continuous increase in the prices of natural rubber, which
accounts for nearly one third of total raw material cost.
• -Government Policies w.r.t export duties, import duties, tax levied
on automobile industries and economic condition of nation as it
determines the sale of automobiles.
• A good coordination exists between different
• The products of the company are known for its high
• Workers’ health and safety are given prior importance.
• Labour turnover is very low.
• The company faces the problems of outside competitors
• Workers, for the fear of loss of jobs resist modernization
• Employee’s compensation packages are attractive.
• Company should enter in to two & three wheeler tyre
• Company should try to increase its market share in the
radial tyre segment.
• More training facilities must be provided to employees
• Maintain a healthy relationship with trade unions.
• A bit more promotional activities could enhance building