Presented by: Partha Pratim Dey.
On 12th Jul 2015
• Strategy Map
• About Nokia Corporation!!!
• Strategic Map of Nokia
• Vision of Nokia Corporation.
• Mission-statement of Nokia
• Goals and objectives of Nokia
• Strategy Formulation
• Strategy adopted by Nokia!!!
• Strategic Goal of Nokia
• Question & Answer.
What is STRATEGY MAP?
A strategy map is a diagram that is used to document the primary strategic
goals being pursued by an organization or management team.
Consists of Organization’s Vision, Mission
Key goals, key objectives and key strategies.
STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT Today & Tomorrow – M A MANNAN
• Nokia is a leader in the fields of network infrastructure, location-based technologies and advanced
technologies. Headquartered in Espoo, Finland, and with operations around the world, Nokia invests in the
technologies of the future.
• Today, Nokia has three strong businesses: Nokia Networks, our network infrastructure business; HERE,
Nokia’s location intelligence business; and Nokia Technologies, which is focused on technology development
and intellectual property rights activities. Through these businesses, Nokia has a global presence, employing
around 57,000 people. Nokia also a major investor in R&D, with investment through the three businesses
amounting to more than EUR 2.5 billion in 2013.
• Until recently, Nokia also was a key participant in the mobile devices market through its Devices & Services
business. In September 2013, Nokia announced an agreement with Microsoft whereby it would sell
substantially all of its Devices & Services business to Microsoft. The transaction was completed on April 25,
Vision of Nokia Corporation
Mission Statement of Nokia Corporation
• Nokia Corporation defines its mission to connect people through mobile
phone technology and quotes its mission statement as follows:
“Our strategic intent is to build great mobile products, our job is to
enable billions of people everywhere to get connected.”
Goals and objectives of Nokia Corporation
• To build great mobile products.
• To help people feel near to what matters to them.
• To enable billions of people to get core of life’s opportunities through
• To capture volume and value growth to connect “The next billion people” to
Internet in developing growth markets.
What is Strategy Formulation?
• Strategy Formulation is a very basic step for the development of a company
as it acts as the blue print for the company and is very significant.
• The initial phase in the strategic management process is the stage of strategy
STRATEGY ADOPTED TO ACHIEVE ITS
• Nokia Corporation has created an alliance with the Microsoft Company through
which it has gained the opportunity to launch new mobile phones in the market
which would be based on Windows 7 operating system.
• Nokia Corporation has basically adopted the strategy of “New Product
Development” and “Horizontal Integration Strategy” through which Nokia
Corporation plans to launch new mobile phone with core2 duo processors and
about 1.0-1.5 GB of Ram and full HD 1080p video recording cameras and in a new
slim design and will use Windows 7 operating system as its basic operating system
and these cell phones will contain all the features of an official Windows 7 which
already has a great acceptance in the world to compete in the market against other
mobile phone manufacturers in the world as well as the growing Android OS.
Strategic Goal of Nokia Corporation
• Through adopting this strategy Nokia Corporation has the opportunity to gain
access of the lost market shares and to maintain its position as the no.1 mobile
phone manufacturer in the world and to compere against the other mobile phone
manufacturing companies operating in the world. Following are the main strategic
goals of this strategy
• Nokia would develop new mobile phones that will be just equal to a mini laptop as
the operating system would be Windows 7 which is the most acknowledged OS in
the world and thus through this Nokia Corporation will regain its lost market share.
Strategic Goal of Nokia Corporation
• Through applying this strategy Nokia Corporation would be able to
minimize its dependency on the Symbian software and thus would provide
its customers with a new a fast operating system.
• Also through adopting this strategy Nokia Corporation would be able to
efficiently compete against its competitors in the market and with the new
Android operating system that is currently the world’s fastest growing and
acknowledged mobile phone operating system.