Successfully reported this slideshow.
IT at UNIGE
1. What are the important tools?
2. How to register for my courses and exams?
3. How to manage my password ISIs?
4. What is the « multiservice card »?
5. How can I connect to the Wi-Fi?
6. How can I access the Intranet remotely?
7. How can I obtain softwares free of charge?
8. How can I obtain IT support?
Key info for a good start
1. Important tools
• UNIGE Portal
• Chamilo and Moodle
• Mediaserver (courses and conferences)
Useful for managing:
• your multiservice card
• your password
• your lectures and exams
• your printer credits
Important to receive information:
• Administrative (courses, exams, etc.)
• Academic (Chamilo, Moodle, etc.)
Official channel of the University to communicate with you
CHAMILO & MOODLE
Address: http://chamilo.unige.ch and http://moodle.unige.ch
• accessing your learning materials
• submitting your works
• conducting online activities (groups, quiz, etc.)
Useful for accessing:
• Recorded lectures
• Multimedia educational content
Mediaserver (courses & conferences)
• Check with your faculty and student secretariat
• Check the page «Enseignements» (or étudiants ) of
• Use the web portal
2. How to register to my courses & exams
In most faculties, registering to courses does not imply you are
registered for the exam. The two registrations are independant.
Every faculty is different:
Check with your faculty what you need to do to register for your exams.
3. ISIs password
• You need it to access…
– Most of the digital services, software and applications of
• The portal
• The webmail
• Chamilo, Moodle, Mediaserver
• What if I lose it?
– You can re-initiate if from the portal
To be able to re-initiate your
password, your personal data
(private email and mobile
phone) need to be up-to-date.
You need it to …
• print, copy, scan documents
• borrow books at the library
• prove your student status (sports, cafeteria, etc.)
What if I lose my card?
• Block it (via the portal)
• Ask for a new card (helpdesk)
4. Multiservice card
• Inside the various buildings of UNIGE:
– Tutorial to help you set-up your Wi-Fi
• Outside of the buildings of UNIGE:
– Where ? In other Swiss universities, in public
hotspots, (train station, airport):
• To access:
– The e-magazines
– Information restricted to UNIGE Community
• Download and install the VPN:
6. Remote access to the INTRANET
• As a student of UNIGE, you can obtain softwares
free of charge
– The MS Office suite for example
– Institutional softwares
• Check what is available:
7. Free software
8. IT Support
Appointed and trained students are available to help you, in
the computer rooms and libraries
To locate them:
Summary: How to install the basics
All the digital services available for students
Charter on the use of digital resources
Tips and tricks for students
Your blog Ciel
For more information