3 Things Occur on Stage
1) You are seen as an expert.
2) During Q & A, you show your
personality. The audience decides if
they like you and trust you.
3) After your talk, there will be people
waiting to meet you. Some will
become leads and then clients.
you to replicate
• Reach a targeted audience
• Be seen as an authority
• Show your personality and build a personal
• Receive comments and questions
• Give insightful answers and practical advice
• Receive private messages, emails, and texts
from those wanting to work with you.
Social Media Marketing
is powerful, but virtually untapped"
in commercial real estate brokerage.
LIKABILITY is easy to convey.
Simply be yourself.
CORPORATE POLISH and
bravado are out.
transparency are in.
YOUR AUDIENCE will bond
with you when they see your
Learn from Richard Branson. He’s not afraid to
show his weaknesses. He writes about his
business failures and his personal blunders.
Keeping current on social
media platforms will require
you to invest time. And
unfortunately, the older you
are, the more time it will take.
If you have kids, ask them to
tutor you. Otherwise, ﬁgure it
Since your clients and
prospects are using social
media, you need to reach
them on those platforms.
If you IGNORE social media
as a marketing tool because
it’s too hard to learn, you are
giving up and making
yourself vulnerable. Your
competitors will start winning
more business and they’ll go
after your clients.
Gary Vaynerchuk, Founder of
Vaynermedia. Social Media Expert!
In addition to LinkedIn and
Twitter, consider Facebook for
business and Snapchat.
Snapchat’s adoption rate is
faster than all other social
media platforms. And it’s being
used in CRE brokerage.
Bucky Beeman is an early adopter in our
industry. He is a young, smart, creative
commercial real estate broker in Rochester, MN
who “snaps” throughout the day. Seven days a
week. His Snapchats...
• Proﬁle buildings he leases
• Follow a tenant looking for retail space
• Discuss local business
• Explain market challenges and opportunities
• Portray his CRE expertise, sense of humor,
and warm personality