The Fundamentals of Effective SEO and Web Content
These guidelines are always true for good quality content -
•Content should be simple and readable.
•Audiences should easily understand it.
•It should be clear in its objective i.e. stick to the topic you are talking about.
•Flowery language is not that impressive as audiences are less patient now.
•Keywords should be used in preferred ratio i.e. Generally 1-2% of a content.
•Content should always be 100% unique.
•Titles should be attractive and interest audiences.
Tips On How To Write Good SEO Content
•You are trying to indirectly promote a business and its services.
•Or you are trying to popularize an idea/topic.
•Do not treat it like an essay writing contest.
•Stay focused on the idea/product you need to highlight.
•Laying focus on the keywords is the main objective.
•Try to build your content around the focus keywords. Using related keywords sparingly is a good idea but do
•Don't write a full content and then add keywords erratically.
•Paragraphs that are roughly uniform in size/word count look more presentable.
•The voice of the content should be clear.
Tips On How To Use Keywords in SEO Content
We generally follow 3 rules while using keywords in a content. These are -
1. Keyword Proximity - Distance between the search term's individual keywords.
2. Keyword Density - Generally 1-2% based on the length of the content.
3. Keyword Frequency - How many times a keyword is used within a web page.
What is The Voice of A Content?
• You are communicating to audiences and attempting to add value to their lives.
• You are doing this by promoting information and creating awareness.
• Talk to them through your content and do not write like a machine.
• Use short simple sentences like you would, when you are talking to someone face to face.
• Never write like a needy salesman trying to aggressively promote something.
• Like any real life conversation, you have to engage your audience. Keep it interesting.
• Make them understand how any particular aspect of their lives will see improvement, if they choose
particular products or services. This has to be done in an indirect manner.
• Undertsand that no reader is a casual reader. Each and everyone is a potential customer who can be
How To Write Engaging SEO Content
• As always, you are writing for the poeple and not the search engines.
• Use the tone of a friendly expert who is sharing information to enhance people's lives.
• Utilize the right keywords in an effective manner. They should not go against the flow of the content.
• Use bullet points or numbering to explain key points. Audiences have lower attention spans now.
• Content under each subheading must be related to it. Do not write a subheading and talk about something
else, even if its related.
• Discuss a problem that people are facing, and recommend the best possible solutions for it.
• Write like their helpful friend who is also an industry expert.
• Lay stress on discussing why someone should try any particular products or services. Be persuasive with
• The objective is to influence someone to take action, by convincing them of the benefits.
Useful Tools for Content Writers
• Kill Writer’s Block - It is a web tool where one can find ideas about blog titles and
• Read-Able - A web tool which grades the readability of content.
• Plagiarism Checker - A tool that detects duplicate content.
• Hubspot's Blog Topic Generator - Lets users input keywords and get blog topic ideas.
• Hemingway App - A web app that reads your content and suggests edits to make it
simpler and more readable.
• Grammarly - A browser extension that can detect grammar mistakes.
Important Things To Remember for Content in 2017
• Google's algorithms are efficient in detecting spammy or low quality content.
• Grammar and spelling mistakes will cost your ranking.
• Write the right English. For instance, if you are writing to promote an Australian business, use organisation
instead of organization, colour instead of color.
• Related long tail keywords are important.
• Fresh, unique and engaging content can keep audiences on your page longer.
• Stay on topic and write direct content which is easy for audences to grasp.
• Discuss the key points in brief in the first paragraph.
• Use relevant images that help to explain points discussed in content.
• Customer engagement should always be the priority.
Basic Guidelines for Website Page Content
• Know your target audiences.
• Briefly descibe problems faced by customers to make it relatable.
• Describe product/service advantages for solving those problems.
• Keep a friendly tone i.e. the business is an entity that is reaching out to help people.
• Paragraphs should be short but also depends on page design.
• On service page explain how you intend to help customers. Service pages are not just for listing what
services you provide.
• Explain how each service provides practical solutions.
• Do not be repetitive and keep it fresh. Avoid using terms like 24x7, round the clock, reliable services etc.,
too many times.