Hadoop and Spark are the two most popular big data technologies used for solving significant big data challenges. In this video, you will learn which of them is faster based on performance. You will know how expensive they are and which among them is fault-tolerant. You will get an idea about how Hadoop and Spark process data, and how easy they are for usage. You will look at the different languages they support and what's their scalability. Finally, you will understand their security features, which of them has the edge over machine learning. Now, let's get started with learning Hadoop vs. Spark.
We will differentiate based on the below categories
3. Fault Tolerance
4. Data Processing
5. Ease of Use
6. Language Support
9. Machine Learning
What is this Big Data Hadoop training course about?
The Big Data Hadoop and Spark developer course have been designed to impart an in-depth knowledge of Big Data processing using Hadoop and Spark. The course is packed with real-life projects and case studies to be executed in the CloudLab.
What are the course objectives?
This course will enable you to:
1. Understand the different components of Hadoop ecosystem such as Hadoop 2.7, Yarn, MapReduce, Pig, Hive, Impala, HBase, Sqoop, Flume, and Apache Spark
2. Understand Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) and YARN as well as their architecture, and learn how to work with them for storage and resource management
3. Understand MapReduce and its characteristics, and assimilate some advanced MapReduce concepts
4. Get an overview of Sqoop and Flume and describe how to ingest data using them
5. Create database and tables in Hive and Impala, understand HBase, and use Hive and Impala for partitioning
6. Understand different types of file formats, Avro Schema, using Arvo with Hive, and Sqoop and Schema evolution
7. Understand Flume, Flume architecture, sources, flume sinks, channels, and flume configurations
8. Understand HBase, its architecture, data storage, and working with HBase. You will also understand the difference between HBase and RDBMS
9. Gain a working knowledge of Pig and its components
10. Do functional programming in Spark
11. Understand resilient distribution datasets (RDD) in detail
12. Implement and build Spark applications
13. Gain an in-depth understanding of parallel processing in Spark and Spark RDD optimization techniques
14. Understand the common use-cases of Spark and the various interactive algorithms
15. Learn Spark SQL, creating, transforming, and querying Data frames
Learn more at https://www.simplilearn.com/big-data-and-analytics/big-data-and-hadoop-training