Business Plan is about…
What to do?
Who is to do?
How to do?
A written document that details the proposed
– Describes the current status, expected needs, and
projected results of the new business.
– Covers the project, marketing, research and
development, manufacturing, management, critical
risks, financing, and milestones or a timetable.
– Demonstrates a clear picture of what that venture
is, where it is projected to go, and how the
entrepreneur proposes it will get there—a roadmap
for a successful enterprise.
Task : Prepare a plan
• Group 1: Prepare a plan for an educational
tour to New Delhi
• Group 2: Prepare a plan to establish a coffee
• Group 3: Prepare a plan to conduct a debate
for grade 11 and 12 students
Who Should Write the Plan?
• The plan should be prepared by the
entrepreneur in consultation with other
• The entrepreneur should make an objective
assessment of his or her own skills before
deciding to hire a consultant.
Why Develop a Business Plan?
• A business plan is a very important tool if you
are starting a new business or expanding an
• Lending institutions require them to support
• Experience shows that successful businesses
have a plan; the majority that fail do not. A
good business plan is your road map to
• Evaluates the prospects of the business.
Business Planning Process
Project Report Preparation
Evaluation Control and Review
Writing the Business Plan
• A business plan should be comprehensive enough to give any
potential investor a complete picture and understanding of the
new venture. It should help the entrepreneur clarify his or her
thinking about the business. It consists of :
1. Introductory page
2. Executive summary
3. Environmental and Industry analysis
4. Description of venture
5. Production plan or operational plan
6. Marketing plan
7. Organizational plan
8. Assessment of risk
9. Financial plan