Video Production Process
• Video Production process include the phases
necessary to complete a media product, starting
from the rough idea to the ultimate master copy.
• The process can be same for all type of media
production including film, video, television and
• Process divide in 3 Parts:
• Pre production process undertaken prior to
• Pre-production include everything that happens
prior to shooting begins, like discussion with client,
do research, storyboarding, location planning, etc.
• Location scouting
• Production schedule
• Set construction
• Script Finalization
• Special effects recognition and preparation
• Once all the scheduling is completed and the script
and direction is fixed, production process starts.
• This stage, is mostly the filming phase, where
actual fundamentals of the film are obtained in
preparation for the editing stage.
• If something goes wrong in video production, you
need to fix it immediately, by filming it again in this
• In music & event video production generally refers
to the creative direction of a project.
• Post-production is the third and last main phase of
the production process.
• Post-production include both on & off line nonlinear editing.
• Voice and music are added in this phase.
• Editing video footage and adding special effects.
• Editing the soundtrack, and including sound
effects, music, etc.
• Including titles and creative graphics
• Color and exposure modification