Tableau & its Product
Tableau Software is an American computer software company headquartered in Seattle,
It produces a family of interactive data visualization products focused on business
Tableau Desktop 9.3.0 : http://www.tableau.com/products/desktop
Tableau Server 9.3.0: http://www.tableau.com/products/server
Tableau Reader 9.3.0: http://www.tableau.com/products/reader
– Open visualizations built in Tableau Desktop for free with Tableau Reader.
Tableau Online (cloud based): http://www.tableau.com/products/cloud-bi
– Scalable SaaS pricing and operations.
– Reliable, secure, and always up to date.
– Tableau-managed infrastructure.
– Works with Tableau Mobile to take data everywhere.
Tableau Public (cloud based): https://public.tableau.com/s/
– Open data and explore it with Tableau Desktop Public Edition.
– Save and store your visualizations on your Tableau Public profile. 1GB is free. Personalize your profile and
connect with other authors.
– Share your visualizations with the world via social media. Or embed them on a site or blog. The published vizzes
are always live and interactive.
Tableau Vizable (mobile app): https://vizable.tableau.com/
Every server environment is unique, and there are many variables that can impact
performance. Variables affecting performance include:
Hardware details, such as disk speed, memory, and processor cores
The number of servers in your deployment
Usage factors such as workbook complexity, concurrent user activity, and data caching
Tableau Server configuration settings, such as how many of each server process you’re
Data considerations—such as data volume, database type, and database configuration.
Server Installation and Administration
Planning and Architecting Tableau Server: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpyrCryHr8c
Tableau Server Installation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59LJyXbNd2A
Tableau Server Administration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34WGBP221aw
Tabadmin & Tabcmd
You can perform certain administrative tasks and change Tableau Server configuration
settings using the tabadmin command line tool. It installs with Tableau Server by default
The tabcmd utility is one of the two command line tools that installs with Tableau Server (the
other is tabadmin). The commands provided through tabcmd can help you automate
common tasks, such as publishing workbooks in batches and administering users and
groups. The tabcmd utility installs in the Tableau Server bin folder (C:Program FilesTableau
Server9.3bin), but you can install and run tabcmd on another machine as well.
Optimizing Queries – Two Step Process