What is Software
• Computer software, or just software is a
general term used to describe a collection
of computer programs, procedures and
documentation that perform some tasks
on a computer system.
Types of software
• System software
• Programming software
• Application software
• Originally founded to develop and sell BASIC
interpreters for the Altair 8800, Microsoft rose to
dominate the home computer operating system
market with MS-DOS in the mid-1980s, followed
by the Windows line of operating systems. Its
products have all achieved near-ubiquity in the
desktop computer market.
• Microsoft's original mission was "a computer on
every desk and in every home, running
Microsoft software"—it is a goal near fulfillment.
Features Of Microsoft
• Windows Aero
• Windows Shell
• Instant Search
• Windows Sidebar
• Windows Internet Explorer 7
• Windows Media Player 11
• Backup and Restore Center
• Windows Mail
• Windows Media Center
• Windows Meeting Space
• Shadow Copy
• Windows SideShow
• Improved Graphical User Interface, the Aero
• Surf the net, without much worry about security
• Manage your knotty kids, using parental controls
• Play multimedia contents using latest media player
• Improved search, Windows Explorer
• Date and time, know the difference in time across
• Manage your photos using photo gallery
• Total different world, new experience
• Requirements high, too hot deal
• Regarding price, sucking your hard
• Replace the oldies, another way of
• Window appearance. Did you like the
• Teamed with Street Team Promotion.com LLC
• Targeted early morning commuters and
thousands of government employees
• One minute video presentation
• Benefits of VISTA
of the ad
• It co-stars Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates and is set in a
shopping mall. Seinfeld, who did most of the talking,
helps Gates buy a pair of shoes called the
Conquistador. He also asks if Gates ever wears his
clothes in the shower. The commercial ends with
Seinfeld asking Gates if Microsoft will "come out with
something that makes our computers moist and chewy
like cake so we can just eat them while we're working."
Gates wiggles his rear to answer in the affirmative.
• The commercial ends with the Windows logo and the
• The Mojave Experiment is an advertising campaign by
Microsoft for the Windows Vista operating system. The
participants in the experiment were asked about their
perceptions of Windows Vista (having never used it) and
then were shown a ten minute demo of Microsoft's "next
OS", codenamed "Mojave". After the experiment was
over, it was revealed that "Mojave" was actually
Windows Vista.Before the session, the average rating of
Vista was 4.4 out of 10; after the session the average
rating for the "Mojave" OS was 8.5 out of 10.The official
goal of the Mojave Experiment is to get consumers to
"decide for themselves" rather than accept the
commonly held negative perceptions of Windows Vista
Why did VISTA Fail?
• Microsoft tried to give a feel of Open
Source graphics but failed drastically.
• Relocation of resources.
• Vista was forcing control on the users.
• Windows Vista is termed as RAM hungry
or RAM eater.
• Vista’s compatibility quotient is very