Topics For Presentation
• What is Unity 3D
• History of Unity
• Game Engines
• Why Unity
• How To Download
• Platform Characteristics
• Unity Basics
What Is Unity 3D
• Unity is a cross platform engine developed by unity technologies. OR
• Unity is a multiplatform, integrated IDE for scripting games and working
with 3D virtual worlds.
• It is used to develop video games like temple run, dead trigger, escape run
etc. for p.c, consoles, mobile devices, websites.
History Of Unity
• First version of unity was introduced in 8 June 2005 which was available only
• But now it targets more than 15 platforms.
• Till first version of unity 5 versions have been released.
• Latest 5.0 version released on 3rd march 2015 which targets android, iOS,
blackberry 10, windows phone 8, web GL, ps3, ps4, Xbox 360, xbox6,
android t.v etc.
Various Game Engines
• Unity 5
• Source 2
• Unreal engine 4
• Cry engine
• Craft studio
• Construct 2
Why Unity ??
• Great simplicity
• Its free to get start
• The asset store
• Ability to create 2D games
• Graphics are realistic
• Online tutorials make it easy to learn
• OS: windows xp,7,8 mac x10.8 or higher
• Graphics: direct x9, direct x11
• For android: sdk, jdk
• For windows app/phone : 64 bit windows 8.9 pro
• For blackberry 32 bit java runtime
How To Download
• Click on get unity5
• Two editions
• .unity extension
• Develop games for different platforms
There are main 5 windows of unity.
• Project Panel
• The development of 3D objects is shown in Scene Window.
• We can create objects also we can change the size of objects.
• A totally 3D scene will be shown there in the scene window.
• All what is done in the scene window is shown in the game window which
shows the game view of what we have developed.
• It contains the list of objects which we have used in our scene window.
• It lists all of the elements that you’ll use to create game objects in your
• It also contains the assets folder which unity automatically creates.
• We can not have any changing in it unless we are familiar with it.
• It contains all the functionality.
Unity automatically creates the assets folder for you when you create a new
project. If you drag a compatible file, like a 3D model, a sound effect, or an
image into the project panel, unity copies it to the assets folder behind the
scenes, and display it in the project panel.
• The inspector is a context sensitive panel, which means that it changes
depending on what you select else where in unity.
• This is where you can adjust the position, location and scale of game objects
listed in the hierarchy panel.
• The inspector can also display controls to configure components that add
functionality to game objects.