Successfully reported this slideshow.
You’ve unlocked unlimited downloads on SlideShare!
• Etisalat is one of the leading telecommunications companies in
the world and one of the largest operators in the Middle East
and Africa, headquartered in the UAE.
• Etisalat operates in 18 countries across Asia, the Middle East and
Africa, servicing over 85m customers out of a total population that
exceeds 1.9bn people.
• In 2008, Etisalat reported annual Net Revenues of Dhs. 26.119
billion and Net Profits of Dhs. 8.665billion.
• Etisalat is a major investor in Thuraya, one of the world’s leading
satellite geo-mobile communication systems covering approximately
two thirds of the planet’s surface.
To extend your reach
We extend people’s reach.
We give them the freedom and the opportunity to
discover and learn, to communicate and interact.
We help them to be everything they can.
We do this by providing services and technologies
that enable people and businesses around the
world to reach each other, their aspirations,
ambitions and the best the world has to offer.
• Our Vision is of a world where people’s reach is not limited by
matter or distance.
• People will effortlessly move around the world, staying in touch with
family, making new friends as they go, as well as developing new
• Businesses of all sizes, no longer limited by distance, will be able to
reach new markets. Innovative technologies will open up fresh
opportunities across the globe, allowing the supply of new goods and
services to everyone who wants them
Our Core Values
• If we are enthusiastic and see
things in a positive light, then the
future holds limitless possibilities
• We know that in order to give
customers the best levels of
service, we first have to
understand them and their needs.
We need to put ourselves in their
shoes and empathise with them.
Our Expressive Values
• Our business thrives on energy and
enthusiasm. If we all get actively involved and
we can create an exciting future together.
• Being approachable, welcoming and engaging,
is the key to building relationships. It
• As an organsiation, through the services we
provide and the way we interact, we can help
customers and colleagues reach their goals and
enhance their lives. We open doors, create
opportunities and make things possible. We
equip and empower people with the tools,
information and resources they need.
Our Functional Values
• Trust is the foundation of any
successful relationship in life
and in business.
• We like to make sense of the
world around us. We like to
see things clearly and know
what‟s happening. It gives us
confidence and makes us
• Customer Service Award 2008 & „09
• Lifetime Achievement Award 2008
– Al Iktissad Wal Amal
– Comms MEA
• Best Overall Operator 2008
– Arabian Business Achievement
– Telecom World Middle East Awards
• Best International Carrier 2008
– World Communications Awards
– Value Added Services
– Fixed-Line & Internet
• Enterprise Solutions
• Global Carrier & Wholesale
Swan Telecom Nigeria Iran 3rd Mobile License
“Our recent investments in the region and internationally are a reflection of our ambition
to be among the top telecommunication operators in the world.”
Mohammad Hassan Omran
Etisalat UAE - over 30 years of achievement
Apart from enabling the nation with basic telecommunication services, Etisalat also offers a range of 2008
innovative and modern services that have served to position the UAE as one of the most advanced Largest carrier in
nations in terms of telecom services Middle East
Mobile users enjoy the benefits of excellent voice and data 2007 7mn
applications like WAP, GPRS, 3G, MMS, Push To Talk, BlackBerry Wholesale services
services and others. Mobile Subs:
100% penetration Mobile Subs:
Enterprise and individual customers on 2003 penetration 6.4 million
the fixed-line network also benefit from 3G 60% internet
services such as ATM (Asynchronous 2002
Transfer Mode), Frame Relay, VSAT and 2000
eWAP 3 million
1999 Mobile Subs:
ADSL 2 million
1995 Mobile Subs:
Internet 1 million
GSM Mobile Subs:
1976 2008 and beyond
Over 33 8/26/2009
years of technological innovation and evolution in the UAE and the Gulf region
Etisalat Expansion History
Telecom - India
1994 1996 1999 2004 2006 2008
1989 1995 1998 2000 2005 2007
Carrier & Wholesale
14 Changing market conditions drive expansion
1999 Aug 2004
Aug 2004 Nov 2004
Nov 2004 Apr 2005
2005 Jun 2005
Jun 2005 Jul 2006
Jul 2006 Sep 2006 Sep 2007 Dec 2007 Sep 2008
Misr (Egypt) Afghanistan Nigeria ُEtisalat DB
40 15.9% 45%
27 51 27.45 81 82 26 66 100
Our Market Today
Customers - 85m+
Countries - 18
Total Population: 1.9bn Diverse Services
Sim Card Production
Real Estate Services