This presentation will cover topics like
- Why should startups care about social media
- How to create a simple & effective social media plan that does not break the bank
- Simple growth hacking for startups (no cost hacks)
Social Media Marketing
Social Media For Startups
1. Why use social media?
2. The ultimate challenge (Why do we fail)
3. ABC system for social media
4. How to create a basic social media plan
5. Simple $0 hacks for startups
4 - How to create a Social Media Plan ?
WHAT – is your business about ?
WHO – is your target audience ?
WHERE– is your target audience on social media ?
HOW - to connect / engage with the target audience ?
OR (What to post / tweet / share)
7 Content Ideas For Startups (What to post)
1. Share your WHY
2. Talk about your team
3. Show off your product / MVP
4. Post about relevant events
5. Share your milestones
6. Talk about the community
7. Share industry news
5 – Simple $0 hacks for startups
a) Add to startup directories: www.submit.co
b) Twitter: follow & engage with the fans of competitors
c) Use your email signature
d) Answer questions on QUORA
e) OVER USE Google analytics
f) Build relationships with news journalists
g) Find emails addresses easily > www.emailhunter.co
Google Analytics (Data is GOD)
…............ Where should I spend most of my time?
Building relationships with news journalists
1 – Local events
• “RUN” into them and exchange business card
• Only pitch after they remember your name/startup
2 – Set up Google Alerts
• See who is talking about your niche
• Get daily updates & comment on their articles
3 – Use Twitter lists
• Add journalists & bloggers in a twitter list
Example – Google alert WIN
Step 1 – Google alerts on right keywrods
Step 2 – Email the blogger / Journalist
Step 3 – WIN
Dark Truths About Social Media
- Pay to play
- FREE ONLY to start
- Requires hard work & time
- No short cuts
- ABT (Always be testing)
Social media is NOT optional