Cool: collaboration online with outstanding learning
Online with Outstanding
Pau, 16th June 2016
Before the project
• Find partner in eTwinning live;
• Add partner to contact;
• Share a document in Google drive to define the
• Calls with partners;
• Submit the project to NSS approval.
The aim of the project is to improve the students ‘skills in
what the English language is concerned. This exchange project
will enable students to developthe speaking, writing
and social skills in a real context using technologies and tools
such as Web 2.0 and Minecraft. The teachers will also create
new evaluation methodologies in order to improve school
results and to prepare students to deal with the 21st century
Students from 7th grade will:
• build a vocabulary of useful and relevant English words;
• develop effective reading, writing, listening and speaking skills;
• develop an understanding of the real world outside the
• provide a comprehensive digital solution.
• Collaborative presentation – (Google drive and onedrive)
• Chat (http://teammeeting.com)
• Building the ideal school in Minecraft
• Writing and speaking texts
Teams – build ideal school with Minecraft
Roles for teammates:
• communicators: keep the contacts with the members of the teams
• designers: draw what the builders are going to make in Minecraft
• builders: are those good at building in Minecraft
• reporters: are the members in charge of describing what has been
done and why it has been done.
• All team members MUST take part in the online discussion before
starting to build.
• Students love the game
• 21st century skills (
• New educational approach to teach
• Change methodologies to evaluate students
• Twinspace pages and foruns;
• Minecreaft educational world.
Impacts on students
• Develop among students the 21st Century Skills:
- work creatively with others colleagues;
- learn to use computer in a useful way.