WHAT IS LOVE
• Love is like a fever which comes and goes quite independently of the will. … there are no
age limits for love.
• Nothing is mysterious, no human relation. Except love.
• Love. A temporary insanity curable by marriage.
3 Components Of Love
• Intimacy: It is related to feelings of attachment, closeness, connectedness
• Passion: It is related to both limerence and sexual attraction.
• Commitment: Do whatever your partner wishes to.
7 Stages Of Love
• Attraction: It refers to the quality that causes an interest or desire in something or someone.
• Infatuation: Infatuation consists of people thinking they are in love but when indeed it is just a
deep lust or like for another person.
• Romance: It refers to love emphasizing emotion over libido.
• Reverence: It refers about giving respect and honor to someone.
• Worship: It refers to the highest level of love. It includes devotion.
• Obsession: It refers to the state in which a desire to possess another person toward whom they feel a
strong attraction with inability to accept failure or rejection.
• Death: Termination of living organisms
5 Types Of Love
Eros: It refers to affectionate love that tends to be possessive & it is far
more inclusive than just sexual love. Romeo Juliet etc
Philia: It refers to some special friendship team member etc
Agape: It is a non-possessive love and concern for well being of
others..It refers to selfless love for humanity.
Storge: Storge is the love found in families.
Xenia: Xenia is the love that manifests as hospitality
where strangers become your friends in a world that is not
Infatuation Stage: This is the first stage in every relationship. It almost always starts with an intense attraction and
an uncontrollable urge to be with each other. Both of you may be intensely sexually attracted to each other, or both
of you may just love each other’s company. In this stage, both of you overlook any flaws of each other and only
focus on the good side.
Understanding Stage: In this stage, both of you start getting to know each other better. You have long
conversations with your partner that stretches late into the night, and everything about your partner interests
fascinates you. You talk about each other’s families, exes, likes and dislikes and other innocent secrets, and life seems
so beautiful and romantic.
Disturbance Stage: This stage usually forces its way into a happy romance after a few months of blissful courting.
For the first time ever in the relationship, both of you confront each other over a conflict, even though it’s sorted
• Opinion Maker: In this stage, both of you create opinions about each other. As the months pass by, both of you
know what to expect from each other, and you make an assumption about your partner’s commitment towards the
• Molding Stage: You have your own expectations from an ideal partner. And in this stage, both of you try hard to
mould each other to fit your own wants in a perfect partner. This stage is a lot about give and take, and both
partners constantly try to convince each other to change their behavior towards the relationship.
• The Happy Stage: If the relationship survives past the molding stage, both of you may have changed
equally for each other and understood each other’s expectations. In this stage, the relationship cruises
along perfectly and both of you may be blissfully happy with each other.
• Doubt Stage: It’s been several years since both of you have been in a relationship with each other.
And somewhere along the way, doubts start to creep in. The intensity of the doubts depend on how
happy both of you are in the relationship.
• Sexual Exploration Stage: This is the stage when your sex life starts to play a pivotal role. Both your
sex drives may change and one of you may get disinterested in sex.
• Complete Trust Stage: This is the final & happy stage when both of you love each other and trust
each other completely. But at the same time, the unbreakable trust in each other could also turn into
taking each other for granted.
Gender & Love
• Male: conceptualize love in terms of passion
• refrain from disclosing
• In marriages, have more troubles
• Female: think of love in terms of friendship
• Rate affection more as do men
• Disclose more
Falling Out Of Love
• Can be painful & highly emotion
• May be if
• You are obsessed with the person who repeatedly betrays your trust
• You’re being drained emotionally or financially
• Lead to depression,sexual dysfunction,
• difficult in making new friends
• Self condemnation
Dark Side of Love & Close Relationships
• Jealousy (fear of losing someone)
• Men are more concerned about sexual infidelity while women are about
• Some people can’t develop enough responsibility that they heavily depend on
others especially on partners in a close relationship.