The Business Case The Use of Brandwatch Analytics A Practical Example Best Practices
I’m probably going to chat to you for about 20-25 minutes
Removing sarcasm For example if we were looking for people who love baking, we might have someone who is saying “OH I love baking, especially love it when” You can sort your authors by volume. So for example if you’re looking for an audience that is very actively talking about baking, if you sort the audience by volume you can see the people who are more enagaged in the topic you’re researching Exclude retweets
Identifying and Analyzing a target audience with Analytics
Identifying and analyzing a
target audience with Analytics
Use social Intelligence to Grow Your Business
• The Business Case
• The Use of Brandwatch Analytics
• A Practical Example
• Best Practices
Find Clients for your new products
When Launching a new product or service for example, this can help you:
• Find a list of potential new customers. For example
– Pet owners who are interested in pet insurance.
– Baking lovers, who watch the Great British Bake-off.
– Football fans, who are looking for a new internet provider.
• Create marketing content that is relevant to them.
• Draw information in a matter of hours
– No surveys to conduct
– No focus groups to conduct
– A virtually non-existent wait time
• Know that your data is relevant and real time.
Use Social Intelligence to Drive
• Shift from using social media intelligence as a monitoring tool, to a
weapon of business intelligence.
• Leverage the power of social media intelligence to reach your
• Use social media intelligence to find new customers and approach
them the right way.
We’re launching a new product targeted at professionals
who work in rough surfaces, such as:
– Construction Workers
It would be nice to be able to find a list of these
professionals’ twitter handles. And to know which type
of content would be most effective for turning them into
If we were
launching a new
How to find relevant content
• We now have a list of expats to invite.
• We now have a query that effectively tracks down EVERYTHING that
these expats post on Twitter.
• We can use Brandwatch Analytics to find marketing content that is
relevant and appealing to them by using a few different dashboard
– Twitter Insights
– Topics Cloud
– Entities (top hashtags, individuals, organisations)
What to look out for
• Watch out for sarcasm
• Choosing authors who have posted few times about their profession or
• Exclude retweets (NOT raw: “RT @”) when trying to find your target