Project on Environment Protection and sustainability.
• Earth 1.0 is focused to increase the
awareness among the society to preserve
our precious world.
This is our wonderful world which is the 3rd planet in the solar
system. Still we haven’t found a suitable place for living beings
within our reach. So our lives and lives of generations to follow
depends on what we do and how we treat our planet.
Population of the earth has reached 7 billion by 2012
Birth rate – 4.3 per second
Death rate – 1.8 per second
That means for every second, the population increased by 2.5
For every year world population increased by 2.5x3600x24x365 =
World population may reach 9 billion mark even before 2050.
So world must be ready to face brand new problems within our
Has world learnt any lesson?
• Global warming and climatic
changes; This is one of the most
serious issues that have to face
• After the industrialization,
people began to release
more and more green
house gases to the
atmosphere. Now CO2 content in the atmosphere
has reached almost 400 ppm (parts per million)
• Anything more than 400 is recognized as harmful
to human life.
Deforestation and climatic
• Deforestation is considered to be one of the contributing factors to global
• Major problem caused by deforestation is the impact on the global carbon
• Gas molecules that absorb thermal infrared radiation are called greenhouse
• If greenhouse gases are in large enough quantity, they can force climate
• oxygen (O2) is the second most abundant gas in our atmosphere, it does
not absorb thermal infrared radiation, as greenhouse gases do.
• Carbon dioxide (CO2) is the most prevalent greenhouse gas.
• Trees can help though 300 billion tons of carbon, 40 times the annual
greenhouse gas emissions from fossil fuels, is stored in trees
• The deforestation of trees not only lessens the amount of carbon stored, it
also releases carbon dioxide into the air. This is because when trees die,
they release the stored carbon.
Carbon Emissions by
If China and USA can control their
carbon emission, it will lead for the
betterment of all living creatures.
Other effects of Deforestation
• Loss of species: Seventy percent of the world’s plants and animals live in
forests and are losing their habitats to deforestation, according to National
• Water cycle: Trees are important to the water cycle. They absorb rain fall
and produce water vapor that is released into the atmosphere. Trees also
lessen the pollution in water.
• Soil erosion: Tree roots anchor the soil. Without trees, the soil is free to
wash or blow away, which can lead to vegetation growth problems.
• Life quality: Soil erosion can also lead to silt entering the lakes, streams
and other water sources. This can decrease local water quality and
contribute to poor health in populations in the area.
We need to come forward to
save our planet
• Plant a tree.
• Change your light bulb: If every household in the United State replaced one
regular light bulb with one of those new compact fluorescent bulbs, the
pollution reduction would be equivalent to removing one million cars from
• Buy local: Consider the amount of pollution created to get your food from
the farm to your table.
• Replace plastic whenever possible.
• Recycle and use recycled products.
• Use your cell phone less.
• Use e tickets whenever possible.
• Don’t let water run when you don’t use it.
• Always try to use public transportation.
• Get on your bike instead of driving.
• Buy less. Save time and money as well as the planet.
Protect our water resources
Water source protection involves the protection of surface water
sources and the protection of groundwater sources from contamination
of any kind.
As responsible citizens try to:
• Use less water
• Keep pipes and appliances in good conditions
• Preventing pollution
• Conserving water ways
• Reusing and recycling