● It is a VIM patch that implements gdb
support in the vim editor.
● You need to rebuild VIM with this patch, if
you want to install it.
● It implements gdb support in the vim editor.
● It is a program controlling vim through the
netBeans socket interface.
● Clewn can only be used with “gvim”, not vim.
● Clewn, as a standalone process, needs its
● pyclewn allows using vim as a front end to a
● It is like clewn, but is implemented with
python. → cross platform
● pyclewn has more gdb features than clewn.
Comparison of clewn,
vimGdb and pyclewn
However, I want the tool
works in terminal without
graphic support. → no gvim
Besides, it is complicated to
● GDB command line interface and terminal
emulator in (G)Vim.
● It needs GDB 7.0+ and full python 2.7
● It is a “VIM plugin”.
debugging with cross
compile tool-chain is
That will be a problem to Conque GDB.
● cgdb is a lightweight curses (terminal-based)
interface to the GNU Debugger (GDB).
● It provides a split screen view that displays
the source code as it executes.
● It is awesome!!!