• A text only message which arrives on the handset home screen
• Limited content size (dependent on operating system)
• Once dismissed is irretrievable
• Used by the Donky network to notify the user of new content
• No tracking and limited MI available
• Exciting and engaging HTML5 “in-app pages”
• Similar practices to an email, including images, colours, fonts and
• Completely responsive to all Android and iOS devices
• Delivered to an in-app inbox
• Configurable validity for timed offers
Messaging Types Used
Two-Way Chat Messages
• A text message which arrives in an in-app inbox
• Attach images or emoticons
• Include URLs and format text
• Automate replies to inbound messages using rules
• Unlimited message length
Messaging Types Used
£6,250 basket increase per day
£187,500 per month basket increase
£2,280,000 per year basket increase
ROI = £2,150,000 (17x initial investment)
Don't forget your delivery is tomorrow during the 6pm slot. You have
until 11pm today to amend your order. To stop texts send STOP to
12,500 messages sent per day.
Campaign generates average 50p basket increase per purchase.
Case Study – ROI of Mobile (SMS)
When a user registers, automate an instant Rich Message to welcome
them to the app.
Offer an additional incentive for being an app user.
Use to provide users with necessary information (e.g. links to T&Cs) or
encourage them to update tags.
• Follow up chat message to encourage users to update their
preference tags (e.g. groceries, home wares, baby etc.)
• After a period, request feedback via an inbound message or initiate
Welcoming New App Users
Use in-app inbox to deliver updates on deliveries or click and collect
orders within the app.
Allow responses for users to change the date of the delivery.
Let users send in additional information via App Chat to assist with
delivery (special instructions etc.)
If items are out of stock, send a message to let user decide whether to
substitute or go without.
Providing Excellent Customer Service
• Customer services: link to two-way chat from contact page.
• Seasonal recipe ideas via Rich Messages.
• Beacon triggered messages to users in or near a store with relevant offers.
• Operational updates on opening times of local stores.
• Automated feedback and survey request.
• Encourage users to send in images of damaged or faulty produce for refunds
A Rich Message deployed through Campaign Builder to all app users
to drive traffic and interest in Click & Collect.
Deep linking (coming soon) can be used to drive users to the Click &
Collect area of the app.
Instructions can be included within the message, which will be stored
in the app inbox.
Promoting Click & Collect
• Encourage uptake of Click & Collect during busy periods to lift
weight from other areas of the business.
• Use App Chat for reminders, to ensure message is stored and can
be referred to.
Trigger automated campaigns (coming soon) to users based on how
long they have been in-active.
Use Rich Messaging with a clear call to action to drive uptake.
Activating Dormant Users
• Monthly re-activation offers to existing customers.
• Regular coupons for loyal customers via App Chat.
• Create conversations with inactive users via App Chat to engage
and reward them.
A Rich Message to engage users who fail to complete an order in the
Clear call to action and potential money off to encourage uptake.
Basket Uplift / Abandonment
• Promote incomplete offers to customers who have recently place
• Reminders of missed offers following the placement of an order.
• Reminders of offers for previously purchased items via Chat
Work with partners (brands) to create Rich Message advertising to
promote new products.
Similar to branded advertising on website, promote product lines in
line with wider marketing strategy.
• Use Social Chat to allow sharing of products within the app.
• Drive app downloads by allowing users to invite their friends and create
promotions around this.
• Use Rich Messaging for tactical marketing offers.
• Replace email with Rich Messaging for app users.
• Create in-app competitions via two-way messaging.
• Use user preferences to target groups with relevant messaging.
Online access portal for all analytics, monitoring and management of
your Donky network and Application Spaces.
• Launch Campaign Builder
• Download resources, including SDK and guides
• Configure and monitor app spaces (+forwarding)
• Review and download analytics
SaaS campaign creation and management tool for deploying to the
Donky network. Produces Simple Push, Rich Message and Chat
• Complex inbound message rules (including forward and reply)