Successfully reported this slideshow.
• The new state of Chhattisgarh was
formed on 1st of Nov. 2000.
• Raipur, the largest city of the state
was named its capital.
• Recognizing the growing demands for
high-quality infrastructure in the
State, the Government has decided
to establish a modern, hi-tech, eco-
• The New Capital was developed to
serve as the administrative capital of
the State and also cater to the
infrastructural needs of industry and
trade in the region.
Introduction Population: 20.8 million (2001 census)
Area: 1,35,361 square kilometres
Location: Central India surrounded by 6 states – Andhra Pradesh,
Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand, Orissa and Uttar Pradesh
Source: Naya Raipur development authority
Map not to scaleN
The city will strive to make an
impact in the following role:
Vision and Objectives of
• An agent of economic change and social transformation in the state.
• An efficient engine of growth and prosperity.
• A servicing hub not only in manufacturing of goods but also in
Information Technology and Bio- Technology sectors.
• A financial centre of the region.
• Hub of trade and hospitality sectors in Naya Raipur
• Hub of cultural services which would supplement local economy.
• Hub of affordable and high quality medical services.
• Hub of quality educational facilities and strive to develop as a knowledge
• Naya Raipur would be a planned and designed new city of the 21st
century to be a focus of socioeconomic and cultural life of the state of
Chhattisgarh having its role and recognition at national and international
levels. The new city would be eco-friendly integrated in its inspiring
existing landscape; efficient, healthy; modern, but caring for its traditional
Objectives of Naya Raipur
Unique Model of Development
• Naya Raipur is being developed over an area of 8013 ha. NRDA
has decided that the land required for the development shall be
purchased from the farmers directly with their consent instead
of acquiring the land under the Land Acquisition Act, as far as
• Families of any village which need to be relocated on account of
development works of the NRDA would be provided new houses
in a residential colony developed by NRDA close to their existing
• Special benefits are also provided to the project affected landless
Naya Raipur Planning Area
Layer Area Included Villages included
1 Layer-I Area–80.13 sq.km.
10 fully and 22
9 fully and 19
2 fully and 1
The Development Plan-2031 consists of three layers-
13 Abadi areas have been included in layer -I
Source: Naya Raipur development authority
Map not to scale
• Planning Layer I (Naya
Raipur City including green
belt area) – 95.22 sq km
• Planning Layer II (Peripheral
rural Zone) – 130.28 sq km
(13028.00 ha )
• Planning Layer III (Airport
Zone) – 11.92 sq km
Functional, & In-
Rawatpura Sarkar Institute
Naya Rakhi (Resettlement
1st Housing Colony
Sec – 17 : GOVT. Housing
Sec – 29: Housing Colony
Sec – 30: PVT. Housing
Sr. Secondary School
Cancer Research Hospital
HP Fuel Refilling Station
NI Urban Mgmt
Central Business Dist.
Theme township & Golf Course
Gems & Jewelry SEZ
Conceptual location of the
The physical form of the Naya Raipur has been developed in conformity
with the overall vision of a Smart and eco-friendly city.
The physical form of the transport network system is a blend of three forms:
• Cruciform and
These precincts will be
• An efficient and smooth Mass
Rapid Transit System running
linearly along the North-
South axis of the city.
• City level pedestrian corridor,
• A continuous green and
open-space spine running
centrally along the city spine
and containing sub-city level
• Water Supply
• Waste Water Disposal
• Storm Water Drainage
• Power Distribution
Physical Infrastructure • Naya Raipur will draw water from R.Mahanadi.
The raw water will be treated in a well designed
modern treatment facility and supplied through
a robust distribution system.
• The liquid waste would be disposed through
underground sewerage system with
decentralised Sewage Treatment Plants. The
treated waste water shall be recycled for use in
horticulture, plantations etc.
• The roadside drains would carry city storm
water to the water bodies inside layer I or II of
• Naya Raipur shall have an efficient underground
Power Distribution network in the service corridor
• All telephone lines, high speed broadband, local
cable network etc. shall pass through under
ground service ducts.
TOD PRINCIPLES FOR NAYA RAIPUR
Mobility of all, affordable, equitable and
Travel Demand Assessment
Transport System Development Policy for
Regional Transport System
Sub-regional (NRDA) Transport system
Naya Raipur City Transport system
Raipur-Dhamtari Rail Line
Public Mass Transport System
• To minimize usage of personalized modes
public mass transport Bus rapid transit
system (BRTS) and Light rail Transit
system (LRTS) have been proposed.
• Interim transport services will be
provided to facilitate the movement of
people between Raipur and Naya Raipur
till BRTS is operational.
• Intermediate Public Transport modes
have also been incorporated in the Local
Area Plans and space have been
allocated for parking and other need off
the operators. Source: Naya Raipur development authority
Map not to scale
The presence of industrial growth centres
(industrial, economic activity centre) on
the northern and the western side of the
delineated region would acts as an
economic catalyst for the overall
development of the new Capital City
The following industries in the vicinity are
bound to play a role in the progress of
the Region and the State as a whole.
• Cement plants (such as ACC and Century)
on the northern and western side of
• The Bhilai steel plant on the western side.
• The mining site on the northern side of
Source: Naya Raipur development authorityMap not to scale
ECONOMIC BASE, EMPLOYMENT AND WORK
The main activity base of Naya Raipur would
be the Government / State Capital functions.
i. Software Technology Park
ii. Gems and Jewellery and other similar
iii. Business Offices
iv. Health, Education and Research services
v. Regional recreational activities
Proposed Hierarchy of trade and commerce areas
Provision of Housing Area Centres/ Neighbourhood
Shopping Centres and Community Centres
City Centre / Central Business District
Light & Service Industries
Composite Use Zone
Special Industry Zone (Software Technology Park)
Weekly markets and Haats