On-page optimization is the pillar of Search Engine Optimization. As the Search Engines are getting smarter and more intelligent, the process of achieving a good search ranking is getting more complex. There are many factors that contribute to showing up well in search engine rankings, one of the most important of them is the on-page optimization.
Here I’ll tell you the latest On-page optimization rules in 2016 that you should follow in your website.
• Title Tag
• Meta Description
• Meta Keyword
• Heading Tag
• Image Alt Tag
• Internal Links
• URL/Permalink Structure
• Anchor Text
• Content Optimization
• Title tags—technically called title
elements—define the title of a document.
Title tags are often used on search engine
results pages (SERPs) to display preview
snippets for a given page, and are important
both for SEO and social sharing.
• Code Sample:
• The title element of a web page is meant to be an accurate and
concise description of a page's content.
• Length: 60-65 char / 512 px
• Title tag contains important keywords
first then Brand name.
• Meaningful and relevant with page
• Use only pipes (|) to separate
important keywords/phrase (no
comma(,), underscore(_), dash(-) or
any other sign).
• Don’t duplicate title tags. Use unique
for every page.
• Try to avoid Stop Words.
• Sign in to Blogger.
• Go to template> edit html> proceed.
• Now find this html code.
And replace it with this.
<b:if cond='data:blog.pageType == "item"'>
<title><data:blog.pageName/> | <data:blog.title/></title>
• Now click on Save template.
• Meta descriptions are HTML attributes that provide concise explanations
of the contents of web pages. Meta descriptions are commonly used on
search engine result pages (SERPs) to display preview snippets for a given
• Code Sample:
<meta name="description" content="This is an example of a meta
• It’s a short description
about your page content.
• Recommended length 150
• Try to write unique
description for every page.
• Put your main keywords
• Tools: Character Counter
• Meta Keyword are not applicable at present time.
• Meta Keywords are a specific type of Meta tag that appear in the HTML code
of a Web page and help tell search engines what the topic of the page is.
• The most important thing to keep in mind when selecting or optimizing your
Meta keywords is to be sure that each keyword accurately reflects the content
of your pages.
• Meta keywords were devalued by Google because they were being abused by
site owners and marketers.
• Code Sample:
<meta name="keywords" content="wood, furniture, garden, garden-table, etc.">
• "Keyword stuffing" refers to the practice of loading a webpage with keywords
or numbers in an attempt to manipulate a site's ranking in Google search
results. Filling pages with keywords or numbers results in a negative user
experience, and can harm your site's ranking.
• Look at the keyword stuffing example below:
Are you looking for cheap running shoes? If you’re looking for cheap running
shoes, look no further. Our cheap running shoes website is the best place to order
your new cheap running shoes. Feel free to check out our selection of cheap
running shoes from our cheap running shoes selection below.
• 'h' means Heading . A very important factor affecting on-site SEO is the
use of heading tags.
• Having a clear hierarchy in your heading tags will make it more user
friendly. Search engines might also understand better which parts of the
content are connected to each other and which are separate because of
• Search engines first focus on h1 and then h2. h1 is most commonly used
for blog title and h2 for blog description, post title and some others.
Recommended: Try to use only one H1 tag in a page.
• Go to your Blogger > Design > edit html
• Click anywhere inside the html page and then press Ctrl+f, see the top of the
right corner a text box is appear.
• Click on the text box and write .post h3 and press Enter.
• If it is highlight any .post h3 then change it into .post h1. If no result found
then go to the next steps.
• Again click on the text box and write <data:post.title/> , now you should be
able to find this one enclosed in h3 tag. Change all the h3 tag into h1 tag.
• Finally when you convert all tags from h3 to h1 then click on Save button and
let’s check it out!!! Your all title tag should be now into h1 tag by default, you
don’t need to change it again.
• A picture might be worth 1,000
words, but only if it gets seen and
only if it will benefit your business to
rank for image search.
• Search engines don’t understand any
images. It can only read texts and
codes. So here you do image
optimization to let the search engine
knows that is an image.
• Image relevancy is important when it
comes to image optimization for SEO.
• Image file type/format should be .jpg or .png.
• You should rename your image when you download it from others site.
Rename it with dash/hyphen (-) sign, for example: red-apple-image.
• Image length not should be more than 100KB for a large size images, 50KB
for a medium size images and 30KB for small images.
• Do some changes (image size, text), if possible.
• When you click on the image, properties option will show the right
corner, click the properties option.
• Here you will see two text bars, first one is Title and the other one is Alt
tag. Do not put the same text for both title and Alt tag. Putting your
targeted keywords for both. Try to keep it 3/4 words in the Alt tag.
Don’t use any Stop Words or any kind of sign for alt tag.
• Pages URL can get you extra attention for both search engines and
• Make sure you put your main keywords in your URL.
• Don't make a lengthy URL.
• Always try to make it within 25 characters.
• Always try to avoid putting Stop Words in your URL.
• Google bots don’t prefer that type of URL which contains more
forward slash (/).
• Change your permalink before you publish the post.
• When you write a new post in the right side under Post settings options you
find the permalink option. Click on the Permalink option.
• It is by default created an automatic permalink for you. If you want to change
it then click on custom option.
• Here in the text field you write your URL. Use only dash (-) to separate word.
• After writing your page permalink click on "Done" button.
• Anchor Text is the visible, clickable text in a hyperlink. In
modern browsers, it is often blue and underlined.
• If two links are targeting the same URL, only the anchor
text used in the first link is counted by Google.
Internal Links are hyperlinks that point at
(target) the same domain as the domain that
the link exists on (source).
• Internal links are most useful for establishing site architecture and
spreading link juice.
• If your internal link is well optimized then you can keep your
visitors for a long time in your pages. For this your pages bounce
rates will decrease.
• If your website/Blog pages enrich with full of content, then you
should put minimum two and maximum six internal links in a page.
But it’s important to give more importance with pages relevancy.
• Always try to use text links not image as a link.
• Be careful; don’t link with a page twice because Google only count
the first one, so the second one is wasted.