Created in 1923 in France by Adolphe Leroy and Rose Merlin, Leroy Merlin is today one of the major
actor on the home and living environment improvment world market.
Specialized in home construction, decoration, gardening, its missions consists of helping people
dream and realise their own house.
Leroy Merlin is part of Adeo group and its main brand.
The company is today engaged in an user-centered ominchannel strategy.
In order to be in line with new mobile
habits of its users, the mobile team
decided to re-build the apps.
The challenge was, on the ﬁrst hand, to
understand strenghts and weaknesses
of the existing app and, on the other
hand, to ensure that choices done for
the new app had a positive impact on
the users exeperience.
Leroy Merlin team chose to do the following users tests:
• Test of the existing app with 20 users on iOS and Android to know what were the
strenghts and weaknesess.
• Test of the new app in-development with 30 users on iOS and 30 users on Android to
identify the priority optimizations before launch.
Test – App V0 Test – App V1
Launch – App V1
2 80 925
Tests Users Feedback analyzed
Study of test qualitative data:
• Categories with the biggest number of problems indicated by testers are performance
(functional), bug (functional), navigation (UX) and ﬂuidity (UX).
• Pages with the biggest number of problems and with the most important criticity are My
Account, Good deals and Store locator.
On the basis of those results, Leroy Merlin team decided to go on with the
• Improve the performance and images loading on the homepage and in the
product search function.
• Solve the main bugs in the account creation and payment.
• Optimize the stores list when using the search function.
• Fluidify the use of ﬁlters to ﬁnd the good deals.
• Simplify navigation when buying a gift card.
Ferpection Predictive Score (user ratings) has gone from 2,8 to 4,1
following the optimizations done after the users test.
« The users test with Ferpection allowed us to identify optimizations axis
for our app and ensure the success before the launch. Our rating is now 4
in the AppStore and 3.8 on Google Play. »
Customer Experience and Mobile Business Lead at Leroy Merlin
Thibault Geenen - CEO
+33 6 07 86 53 50
Want to see
Ferpection in action?
Ask for a demo