Fjord@Mobile2.0: Designing for the connected world
Andy Goodman from Fjord presented at Mobile 2.0 in Barcelona. His talk was about media consumption in a mobile and multi-device world, and included information on some of the key mobile consumption drivers:
- Snacking – time filling and boredom killing
- Location and context awareness – we know where you are and what you are doing
- Bodies in Motion – the faster we move the less we can interact
- Identity and presence – you are your SIM
- Device Limitations – degrade services gracefully
- Content services are moving towards a device agnostic paradigm, so your content travels with you effortlessly.
- Understanding the purpose of each device in a multi-screen world is the key to delivering great experiences.
More information about Fjord:
Transmediacoming to a reality tunnel near you soon
Play interactions / Gamifying Transmedia objects drive playful interactions and increase sensitivity to advertising with blue- casting to phones
Ambient information Location based - GPS with visual clues to prompt participants to interact with phone.
Visual triggers QR / Semacode - Campaign based to add intrigue and make people want to find out more Some codes will be harder to find and have rarity value.
Key points:1. Mobile is one part of a device Ecosystem2. Content, functions and experience need toflow, freed from the tyranny of plastic and metal3. Each platform has a primary role within theecosystem (and many secondary roles)4. Design liquid services