Did you know the Affordable Care Act, also called Obamacare, manadates health insurance coverage for obesity under preventive care?
Did you know your weight can affect up to 50 different medical problems and put a drag on your personal finances as it increases both direct and indirect costs?
Did you know your health insurance premiums are higher with being obese or overweight?
Fortunately, you can lose weight fast and safe without any procedures under the care of an obesity medicine weight loss physician such as the W8MD medical weight loss centers physicians and your insurance might cover the cost of the visits, thanks to Obamacare or Affordable Care Act that mandates all health insurances to cover weight loss visits under preventive care.
Learn about the amazing health benefits of weight loss in this presentation!
Top 10 health benefits of weight loss - losing weight with Obamacare insurance
TOP 10 REASONS TO LOSE WEIGHT!
P R A B R . T U M PA T I , M D
FOUNDER, W8MD MEDICAL WEIGHT LOSS CENTERS
WHY LOSE WEIGHT?
W H AT A R E T H E B E N E F I T S O F W E I G H T L O S S ?
• FIRST, LOOK AT THE STAGGERING NUMBERS
• Deaths: an estimated 300,000 deaths per year in the United States are
attributable to obesity
70% ARE OVERWEIGHT OR OBESE!
• According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), more than one-third
of U.S. adults (35.7%) are obese and another third are in the overweight
category, with a total of 70 percent in obese or overweight category.
M E D I C A L C O N D I T I O N S R E L AT E D T O O B E S I T Y
• Obesity-related medical conditions include heart disease, stroke, type 2
diabetes and certain types of cancer, some of the leading causes of
COST OF OBESITY
• The annual medical cost of obesity in the U.S. was estimated to be $147
billion in 2008 U.S. dollars;
• Medical costs for people who are obese were approximately $1,429 higher
than those of normal weight
TOP REASONS TO LOSE WEIGHT
• Improved quality of life!
• Obesity can affect the quality of life through limited mobility and
decreased physical endurance as well as through social, academic, and job
S M A L L W E I G H T L O S S , B I G H E A LT H G A I N S !
• Weight loss, as modest as 5 to 15% of total body weight in a person who is
overweight or obese, reduces the risk factors for some diseases,
particularly heart disease.
LOWER BLOOD PRESSURE RISK
• Weight loss can result in lower blood pressure, lower blood sugar, and
improved cholesterol levels.
AMAZING BENEFITS OF WEIGHT LOSS!
• BENEFITS OF
• WEIGHT LOSS
ARE RELATED SO WE ADDRESS BOTH!
SLEEP PROBLEMS AND WEIGHT GAIN
O T H E R H E A LT H B E N E F I T S O F W E I G H T L O S S
• Overweight and obesity are associated with increased risks of gall bladder
disease, incontinence, sleep apnea, increased surgical risk, and depression.
3 5 % O F A D U LT S H A V E
M E TA B O L I C S Y N D R O M E
• Obesity is associated with elevated triglycerides (blood fat) and decreased
HDL cholesterol ("good cholesterol”), prediabetes, hypertension, a
combination called metabolic syndrome.
REDUCED BIRTH DEFECTS,
AND INCREASED FERTILITY
• Obesity during pregnancy is associated with an increased risk of birth
defects, particularly neural tube defects, such as spina bifida.
• Obesity in premenopausal women is associated with irregular menstrual
cycles and infertility.
C O M P L I C AT I O N S O F P R E G N A N C Y
• Obesity during pregnancy is associated with increased risk of death in both
the baby and the mother and increases the risk of maternal high blood
pressure by 10 times.
G E S TAT I O N A L D I A B E T E S A N D O B E S I T Y
• In addition to many other complications, women who are obese during
pregnancy are more likely to have gestational diabetes and problems with
labor and delivery.
PA R T N E R S H I P S T H AT C O U N T !
CUSTOMIZED WEIGHT LOSS PLAN THAT WORKS FOR YOU!
BETTER BIRTH WEIGHTS OF CHILDREN
• Infants born to women who are obese during pregnancy are more likely to
be high birthweight and, therefore, may face a higher rate of Cesarean
section delivery and low blood sugar (which can be associated with brain
damage and seizures).
H I G H G LY C E M I C F O O D S C A U S E
SUGAR RUSH & CRASH
• For every 2-pound increase in weight, the risk of developing arthritis is
increased by 9 to 13%.
• Symptoms of arthritis can improve with weight loss.
B R E AT H I N G P R O B L E M S
• Sleep apnea (interrupted breathing while sleeping) is more common in
• Obesity is associated with a higher prevalence of asthma.
REDUCED RISK OF CANCER!
• Increased risk for some types of cancer including endometrial (cancer of
the lining of the uterus), colon, gall bladder, prostate, kidney, and
postmenopausal breast cancer.
• Women gaining more than 20 pounds from age 18 to midlife double their
risk of postmenopausal breast cancer, compared to women whose weight
W H AT ’ S Y O U R B O D Y M A S S I N D E X ?
• A weight gain of 11 to 18 pounds increases a person's risk of developing
type 2 diabetes to twice that of individuals who have not gained weight.
• Over 80% of people with diabetes are overweight or obese
• The incidence of heart disease (heart attack, congestive heart failure,
sudden cardiac death, angina or chest pain, and abnormal heart rhythm) is
increased in persons who are overweight or obese (BMI > 25).*
T H E FA I L E D F O O D P Y R A M I D
SUITS SUMO WRESTLERS,
NOT AMERICAN PEOPLE!
M O R TA L I T Y O R P R E M AT U R E D E AT H
• According to the US Surgeon General, individuals who are obese (BMI >
30)* have a 50 to 100% increased risk of premature death from all causes,
compared to individuals with a healthy weight.
50 MEDICAL PROBLEMS
• Even small weight gain of 10 to 20 pounds for a person of average height)
increases the risk of over 50 medical problems and death, particularly
among adults aged 30 to 64 years.
HOW CAN W8MD MEDICAL WEIGHT LOSS CENTERS
OF AMERICA HELP?
• Physician supervised
• No surgery
• Very Low Calorie Diets
• Appetite suppressants
• Accept most insurances
BESIDES YOUR WEIGHT?
W H AT H A V E Y O U G O T T O L O S E ?
C O N TA C T W 8 M D !
• NYC Insurance Weight Loss Center: 2003, Bath Avenue, Brooklyn, NY,
11214 Ph: 1-718-946-5500
• Philadelphia Insurance Weight Loss Center: 1718, Welsh Rd,
Philadelphia, PA, 19115 Ph: 1-215-676-2334
• King Of Prussia Weight Loss Center: 987 Old Eagle School Rd, Ste 712,
Wayne, PA, 19087 Ph: 1-800-986-3007