To replace this picture, just select and delete it. Then use the Insert Picture icon to replace it with one of your own!
Internship - Digital Marketing
Indian Institute of Management Raipur 1
Launch a Digital Marketing
focused brand and develop
its business growth strategy
Connecting Dots Technology Systems Pvt. Ltd.
Mr. Saurabh Bhardwaj
CEO and Co-founder
Connecting Dots Technology Systems Pvt. Ltd.
Dr. P V Venkat Vijay
Assistant Professor (Finance)
Under the guidance of :
DOJ: 7th April 2014
Indian Institute of Management Raipur 2
Flow of presentation:
• Project Objectives and Scope of the Project
• Significance of the Project
• Tasks assigned
• Observations, Results and Conclusions/Recommendations
• Managerial Implications and Learning
• Value contribution from summer intern to the organization
Indian Institute of Management Raipur 3
• To facilitate the launch of a new brand focussed on digital
marketing under Connecting Dots.
• To understand the basics of Search Engine Optimization, Search
Engine Marketing, Social Media Optimisation, Social Media
Marketing and implement it to increase the target traffic and
enhance its value to its visitors.
• Conceptualization of Digital Marketing Strategy and Business
Growth Strategy for the business.
• Formation of pipeline of clientele.
Scope of project
Indian Institute of Management Raipur 5
The study covers all the Indian E-Commerce
websites that are implementing digital marketing
techniques and that are not implementing it. It also
includes the E-Commerce websites implementing
digital marketing techniques of the companies which
are based in UK and US.
For the company
• The company wants to launch a new digital marketing
website to provide its customers with digital
marketing packages viz. SEO, SEM, SMO, SMM, Web
Analytics, Link Building, Online Reputation
Management, Internet Marketing and Advertising
• The digital marketing website as a new brand will be
pitched for services dedicated to digital marketing and
segregate itself from the E-Commerce services which
the company provides, enabling the clients to directly
choose the package according to their requirements
and pay the required amount online.
For the intern
• This project gives an immense opportunity to learn
about SEO, SEM, SMO, SMM and other digital
marketing tools and parameters and to implement
them along with working at the back end of e-
• To develop and generate content for the digital
• To be a part of the business decision making of the
Indian Institute of Management Raipur 6
Content of the website
• Keyword Search
• Logo creation
• Content curation
• Theme selection of the website
• Creation of accounts on various social media platforms
• Creation of database of E- Commerce startups
Indian Institute of Management Raipur 7
Competitors of The Growth Story:
• Quasar Media: Specialized in online reputation monitoring, social media
outreach, digital media strategy etc.
• Phonethics: Specialized in Viral videos, corporate blogging etc.
• Media2Win: Specialized in SEM, SEO, Website, Interactive Marketing
Strategy, Mobile Marketing and Viral Marketing.
• Resultrix: Specialized in Search Marketing, Design, Analytics, Social
Indian Institute of Management Raipur 8
Comparisons with the competitors
Indian Institute of Management Raipur 9
Parameters Connecting Dots Quasar Media Phonethics Media2Win Resultrix
Page Authority: 35 47 50 36 43
Page MozRank: 5.47 5.18 5.6 4.48 5.2
Page MozTrust: 5.71 5.71 5.8 5.39 6.17
Total Internal Links: 112 0 193 66 555
Total External Links: 1,076 771 2,944 54 289
Total Links: 1,188 771 3,137 120 844
Domain Authority 28 37 40 28 32
Domain MozRank 3.59 4.98 4.62 4.28 4.67
Domain MozTrust 3.56 5.39 4.71 4.35 4.72
Health Analysis of E–
Indian Institute of Management Raipur
Indian Institute of Management Raipur 13
Indian Institute of Management Raipur 15
Easy to set up
Sense of community
Ease of use
Human factor: Your “brand” becomes more HUMAN
Promotions, news, events that can be offered
through social media platforms
Recruitment of interested new members, students,
Enhanced branding opportunities and marketing
Effort vs results
Blocked at many work sites
Lack of tools or resources to track
Risk of losing image
Competitor is going after the same space or same
audience with similar campaign
Mergers & Acquisitions
Abuse and Exploitation
The Bierre club
• Problems associated
• Pitch for marketing ideas
Indian Institute of Management Raipur 17
Porter’s 5 Force Model
Indian Institute of Management Raipur 18
• For new entrants, social media has feasibly low barriers to entry -
there's usually low buyer loyalty.
• Agencies are financially at lower risk to set up.
• Social media has almost negligible entry barriers which come with
economies of scale which provides new entrants an opportunity to
analyze the market properly.
• Lack of knowledge or talent or experience can prove to be set back
though which can directly affect the reputation in the industry.
Indian Institute of Management Raipur 19
• The buyers (clients) are becoming better educated and more
experienced with social media.
• Buyers also have a significant amount of control as the industry is
currently pretty bloated and most agencies would rather compete
on price than on performance allowing buyers to barter
• The opportunity for the industry will come when it matures and
agencies spread across the three price/performance brackets
Indian Institute of Management Raipur 20
• Industry is still doing trade offs between price and performance.
• Substitute businesses are a bigger threat because they promise a
significant improvement in performance or price.
Indian Institute of Management Raipur 21
• Supply is an issue and it faces the same bottleneck that agencies
face - those that are experienced provide clients with confidence, so
are given work, those without experience present a greater risk.
• So experience becomes exponential, while inexperience struggles.
Indian Institute of Management Raipur 22
• There's a large pool of agencies in the social media industry.
• Severe price undercutting is endemic - but this seems to be
characteristic of an industry still maturing.
• A rise in market value as agencies begin to compete on
performance as well as price.
Indian Institute of Management Raipur 23
Business Growth Strategy
• Market Development: We are currently primarily focussing on the E-commerce
sector of India and some parts of US. Digital marketing of leading brands of
other parts of US and UK can also be approached for outsourcing of digital
marketing through India.
• Alternative Channels: At present all the digital marketing is focused on the
website and social media presence of the clients. We could also extend to M-
Commerce i.e. mobile marketing and SMS marketing.
• Product Development: We could develop a new section of the digital marketing
website to inform its viewers and clients about the new trends in digital
marketing and how they can leverage it to increase their sales.
Indian Institute of Management Raipur 24
• The content side for pre launch and post launch is created.
• Accounts in various social media platforms are created.
• Infographics and other content is generated for more visibility and
• The clientele list is generated.
• Successful deal with The Bierre Club.
Indian Institute of Management Raipur 25
• Digital Marketing is more than Facebook and Twitter.
• Opportunity to create infographics.
• Both on-site and off-site SEO are important in order to improve the
rank of the website. More than on-site SEO, off-site SEO should be
given more emphasis as on-site SEO is very flexible and may
change at any time.
• To increase the authority, Rank and Trust, more blogging and more
content needs to published.
Indian Institute of Management Raipur 26
• First hand experience on E - commerce websites.
• Decision making for content generation and packages.
• Direct conversation with the client.
Indian Institute of Management Raipur 27