A brief overview on we launched Meddy out of a class room project. How we quickly built prototypes and frequently talked to customers and iterated over the product. Importance on lean and iterative development and figuring out how our people currently solving that problem.
Brief History of Meddy
Lean Product Development
Tools and Frameworks
• Started as a class project at CMU in Spring 2014
• Original Idea: LinkedIn for Doctors
• Why: We didn’t like doctors here
• We observed that our parents kept talking about doctors and clinics
• Finding a good doctor was always a top concern for them
• Lot of new expats in the country
• Beta launched on June 2014
• Product launched on September 2014
• Around 400 Doctors from 70 clinics
Select a Specialization
Choose a Doctor
Send Booking Request
‣ Bored with Rails
‣ Both have a strong community
‣ Didn’t like Ruby Syntax
‣ Python has a clean syntax that resembles English
‣ Ruby is implicit and Python is explicit.
‣ Django has a built-in CMS!
Lean vs Waterfall
‣ Quicker release cycle
‣ More customer feedback driven
‣ More intense and rapid product development
‣ Eliminate waste whenever possible
‣ Getting Data from SCH
‣ Learning Django and launching the product in 6 weeks!
‣ Deploying Django app on AWS
‣ Deprecated Features
‣ Growing a marketplace startup
‣ Doing lean with only 3 people
‣ SEO for a new site
Talk to customers before start building anything.
Figure out how they are currently solving the problem
Don’t jump to coding immediately.
Build the product on something you’re already familiar with.
Ship Fast; Ship Early; Iterate Quickly.
Don’t build what you can build, but what needs to be build.
Don’t reinvent the wheel.