Sachin Tendulker- The God Of
Dr. Shubhash SHARMA
Name- Sachin Ramesh Tendulker
Born- 24 April 1973
Coach- Ramakant Achrekar
Best friend- Vinod kambli
Major teams-Mumbai, Yorkshire,
India, ACC Asian XI
Betting Style- Right Hand Bat
Bowling Style- Leg Break Googly
Sachin Personal Life
• Tendulkar elder brother Ajit encourage
him to play cricket . Tendulkar has two
other sibling: a brother nitin and sister
• In 1995 Tendulkar married Anjali (a
doughter pf Gujrati industrialist anand
mehta). They have two children, sara and
• Tendulkar attended sharadashram Vidya mandir (high
school), where began his cricketing career under the
guidance of his coach and mentor, ramakant achrekar.
During his school days he attended the MRF pace
foundation to train as a fast bowler. But Australian fast
bowler Dennis Lillie, who took a world record 355 Test
wickets, was un impressed, suggesting that Tendulkar focus
on his batting instead.
• He was 11 years old when he was given his first cricket bat,
and his talent in the sport was immediately apparent. At
the age of 14, he scored 326 out of a world-record stand of
664 in a school match. As his accomplishments grew, he
became a sort of cult figure among Bombay schoolboys.
• The 15-year-old Tendulkar scored a century in his
domestic first-class debut for Bombay in
December 1988, making him the youngest player
to do so. Eleven months later, he made his
international debut for India against Pakistan,
where he famously declined medical assistance
despite getting hit in the face by Waqar Younis.
• In August 1990, the 17-year-old delivered a
match-saving 119 not out against England to
become the second-youngest player to record a
century in Test play.
• After finishing the 1996 World Cup as the
event's leading scorer, Tendulkar was named
captain of the Indian national team. However,
his tenure marked one of the few blights on
an otherwise illustrious career. He was
relieved of the responsibility in January 1998,
and briefly took over as captain again in 1999,
but overall won just four of 25 Test matches in
• His struggles with the captaincy notwithstanding, Tendulkar
remained as brilliant as ever on the field. He delivered
perhaps his finest season in 1998, devastating Australia
with both his maiden first-class double century and his
memorable "desert storm" performance in Sharjah. In
2001, Tendulkar became the first player to score 10,000
runs in One Day International (ODI) competition.
• . In April 2011, Tendulkar chalked up another milestone
when he and his team propelled India to a World Cup
victory over Sri Lanka, the first in his long career. During the
tournament, he again demonstrated he was in a class by
himself by becoming the first batsman to score 2,000 runs
and six centuries in World Cup play.
He became the first batsman to touch the
200* mark in an ODI cricket in 2010.
Tendulkar scored his 100th international 100.
Most number of man of the match award 63
and man of the series award 17.
1000 runs in a calendar year in ODIs 7times.
Highest partnership in ODI match scored 331
runs with Rahul Dravid against New zealand.
• Tendulkar was sworn in as a Rajya Sabha member
at the Parliament House in New Delhi in June
• 1994-Arjuna Award
• 1997-98 – Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna
• 1999- Padma Shri
• 2001- Maharastra Bhushan Award
• 2008- Padma Vibhushan
• 2014- Bharat Ratna
• Tendulkar sponsors 200 underprivileged childran
every year through apnalaya, a Mumbai- based
• A request from Sachin on Twitter raised 1.025
crore through Sachin’s crusade against canser for
the crusade against cancer foundation.
• Sachin Tendulkar spent nine hours on the 12-hour
Coca-Cola-NDTV Support My School telethon on
18 September 2011 that helpes to raise 7 crore.
What we learn?
• Nothing is impossible to achieve
• Stay focused
• Do what you enjoy doing
• Take criticism in your stride
• Practice makes perfect
• When the going gets tough, the tough get going
• Don’t let success get to your head
• Keep your cool
• Be humble
When people throw stones at you, you turn
them into milestones……..
– Sachin Tendulkar