Drinking Water in
Prepared by: CJPE
• It is said that drinking
about 7 to 8 glasses of
water daily is important
for your health. One thing
many people do not know
is that having the first
glass of water as soon as
you wake up also comes
with its therapeutic
benefits. This traditional
Ayurvedic treatment has
benefits for conditions
that range from asthma,
pain to even cancer
Why do We Need to Drink Water in
• 70% of the human body content is water, and so
water plays an important role in the proper
functioning of your body.
• The human brain cells contain about 85% of
• 75% of muscles is water
• Bones also contain about 25% water
• 82% of blood consists of water.
• It is also helpful to consume foods that contain
lots of water
What Are the Benefit of Drinking
Water in the Morning?
• It is a long known secret that drinking water as soon
as you get up, i.e. before eating anything, is a good
way to purify your internal system. One of the most
important results of undergoing this treatment is
colon cleansing, which enables better absorption of
nutrients from various foods. When there is
production of haematopoiesis, better known as
“new blood”, you will have immense body
restorative effects and you can even be cured of
Drinking water the first thing in the
morning has the following benefits:
• 1. Make your skin glow. Water is known to
purge toxins from your blood, and as a result
you get glowing skin.
• 2. Renew cells. Drinking water first thing in
the morning increases the rate at which new
muscle and blood cells are produced.
• 3. Balance the lymph system. When you drink
water first thing in the morning on a daily
basis, you help balance your body’s lymph
system. Lymph glands found in your lymph
system fight infections helping you to perform
your daily activities. They also balance the
fluids in your body.
• 4. Lose weight. When you consume about 16
ounces of water (chilled), you will boost your
body’s metabolism by abut 24% thus help you
lose those extra pounds.
• 5. Purify the colon. When you drink water
after you have woken up before eating
anything, you are purifying your colon thereby
making nutrients absorption easy.
• 6. Cures illnesses and diseases. Drinking
water first thing in the morning has been
proven to cure illnesses such as vomiting,
throat disease, menstrual and cancer
disorders, eye diseases, diarrhea, urine
disease, kidney disease, meningitis, TB,
Arthritis, headaches among others.
How to drink Water in the Morning for
• Drink 1.5 liters (5/6 glasses) of water immediately
after waking up.
• Avoid drinking or eating anything else for an hour
before and after drinking the water.
• Do not drink beverages that contain alcohol the
• At first, you may have a hard time drinking 6 glasses of
water at a go. However, it becomes easier as your body
gradually becomes accustomed to the routine. When
starting, you can slightly modify the routine as follows;
consume 4 glasses of water, pause for about 2 minutes,
then drink the remaining 2 glasses of water.
• Findings from a Japanese medical society have
discovered that water therapy can be used to
treat various conditions completely. Research
has also shown that those conditions can also
be cured rapidly without using medical
intervention or treatments. However, the
effects this therapy will have on your body will
also depend on the kind of water you drink.
This means that you should ensure that the
water you consume is clean.
• The moment you wake up, before you even brush
your teeth, take 4 glasses of water (160ml).
• Clean/brush your teeth soon and don’t eat or
• After 45 minutes, you can take your breakfast.
• After breakfast, take 2 hours before you drink or
• For people who are ill or old, taking 4 glasses of
water at a go may prove difficult. Therefore, take
water in small amounts until it adds up to 4
Time Needed for Different Medical Conditions
• Cancer – 180 days
• HBP – 30 days
• TB – 90 days
• Diabetes – 30 days
• Gastric – 10 days
• Constipation – 10 days
• Arthritis – follow the treatment for three days
in the first week, and then do it daily after the