What Do We Mean by
What is make something
• Development focuses on the machine or system.
• Target audiences change and adapt.
• Designing usable products is difficult.
• Team specialists don’t always work in integrated ways.
• Design and implementation don’t always match.
Development Focuses on
the Machine or System
somebody (human); 33%
to product development
Integrated approach to
What Makes Products
• An Early Focus on Users and Tasks
• Evaluation and Measurement of Product Usage
• Iterative Design and Testing
What Are Techniques for
Building in Usability?
• Ethnographic Research
• Participatory Design
• Focus Group Research
• Paper Prototyping
• Expert or Heuristic Evaluations
• Usability Testing
What is usability?
The effectiveness,efficiency and satisfaction with
which specified users achieve specified goals in