- Also called Taylorism, is a theory of
management that analyzes and
- Seeks to improve an organization’s
efficiency by systematically improving
the efficiency of task completion.
Frederic Winslow Taylor
- Father of Scientific
- Time Study
- Standard Times
- Time study is a direct and
continuous observation of a task,
using a timekeeping device to record
the time taken to accomplish a task
- is the amount of time that should be
allowed for an average worker to
process one work unit using the
standard method and working at a
Four Principles of Scientific
1. The development of a true science.
2. The scientific selection of the
3. The scientific education and
development of the workman.
4. Intimate and friendly cooperation
between the management and the
Frank Bunker Gilbreth Sr. & Lillian
- Motion Study
- Time and Motion Study
- Studying the motions required to
complete a task, devised a way to
break the task down into component
motion, and found the most efficient
and effective manner to do the work.
Time and Motion Study
- Is a business efficiency technique
Time Study (Taylor)
Motion Study (Gilbreth)
- It is a reversal of the name Gilbreth,
with 'th' transposed.
- Therbligs are 17 kinds of elemental
motions used in the study of motion
economy in the workplace.
Lillian Moller Gilbreth
- First Lady of Management
- Synthesis of psychology and scientific
- Fatigue study
Psychology in Scientific
- Helps improve the functionality and
efficiency of work and the reduction
of fatigues of the workers giving
much better result in the working
- A study how to eliminate fatigues in
the working environment.
- The forerunner of Ergonomics or the
study of people's efficiency in their