• Barnouw, E. 1993. Documentary.
• MacDougall, D. 1998. Transcultural cinema.
(Chapters 1 & 2)
• Ruby, J. 1995. Out of Sync:The Cinema of Tim
• ———. 2000. The Aggie Must Come First:
Robert Flaherty's Place in Ethnographic Film
• Ginsburg, F. 1991. Indigenous Media: Faustian
Contract or Global Village?
• Michaels, E. 1994a. Aboriginal Content:Who's
Got It - Who Needs It?
• ———. 1994b. For a Cultural Future: Francis
Jupurrurla Makes TV at Yuendumu.
• Turner, T. 1992. Deﬁant Images:The Kayapo
Appropriation of Video.
Note: The following Creative Commons license only refers to the
original work I have contributed to this slide show. It does not cover
the images used for each of the ﬁlms mentioned in my syllabus, as
they are copyrighted works and are reproduced here under fair use.
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-
Share Alike 3.0 United States License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://
creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/us/ or send a letter to Creative
Commons, 171 Second Street, Suite 300, San Francisco, California, 94105, USA.