This workshop was one of the musts on Drupal Dev Days 2017. Nacho González -Frontend developer- and Alejandro Gómez built an hybrid application on a live session by using Ionic 2 and a Drupal API with the aim to offer better user experiences. Live technology!
Beyond the web: Mobile apps using Drupal & Ionic 2 - Drupal Dev Days Seville 2017
Beyond the web: Mobile apps using
Drupal & Ionic 2
Ignacio González Bullón ♦ Alejandro Gómez Morón
Who are we?
● Frontend & Backend developer (Angular, Ionic,
Java, Node, TypeScript, Gulp)
● 2 years working in Emergya
● Hungry learner
Who are we?
● QA & Tech lover (Selenium, Java, TypeScript,
Drupal, Ionic, AngularJS, Gulp…).
● QA leader at @LaDrupalera by @Emergya.
● QA Lecturer at @EPSUPO.
● @SevillaQA organizer.
● I am passionate about challenges and I hate
1. Check you have Internet connection
2. Look for a partner!
3. Make sure you will learn having fun!
● What’s Ionic and how do it relates with Drupal?
○ Hybrid applications.
○ Drupal RESTful capabilities.
● What are we going to build.
● Hand on!
What is Ionic?
● Free & Open Source Framework
● Create Cross-Platform applications based on web
● Use Cordova Plugins to interact with the device
Drupal RESTful capabilities
● Web services modules
○ REST UI
○ RESTful web services
● Allows us to expose basic resources
● More complex endpoints using views
What are we going to build
● An application to view DrupalDevDays Schedule
● Extra features:
○ Add events to the device calendar
○ Receive push notifications (using DevicePush)
What we have to learn to do,
We learn by doing
Enjoy and remember.
This has been done making
the best decisions
with the information
available at the moment.