Directions: Write A if the statement is Antithesis, O if
the statement is Oxymoron, and P if the statement is
1. Give every man thy ear, but few thy voice.
2. Integrity without knowledge is weak and
useless, and knowledge without integrity is
dangerous and dreadful.
3. Love is an ideal thing, marriage a real thing.
4. One small step for a man, one giant leap for
5. Speech is silver, but Silence is Gold.
6. The following sentence is true. The above
sentence is a lie.
7. Please ignore the notice.
8. The man who wrote such a stupid sentence
cannot write at all.
9. A man drowned in the fountain of eternal life.
10.Patience is bitter, but it has a sweet fruit.
11.I can resist anything, except temptation.
12. Simplicity is not a simple thing.
13. Money is the root of all evils: poverty is the
fruit of all goodness.
14. The strong master gives his judgment and
goes home; the weak servant collects his key and
goes to jail.
15. Always and never are two words you should
always remember never to use.
16. The best cure for insomnia is to get a lot of
17. Always be sincere, even when you don't mean
18. Too black for heaven, and yet too white for hell.
19. To err is human, to forgive, divine
20. If I could drop dead right now, I'd be the
happiest man alive.