NAME : N.NANDHAKUMAR
REG NO : 21607621018
PROJECT TITLE : TRAN – DUINO
DR.T.KUMARAN , Lecturer,
Department of Masters in Computer
Applications, Saveetha Engineering College.
Tran-Duino is a Micro controller that can be used in
Public Transits which performs the following
●Tracks the location of a bus running or moving
currently in its route.
● Display the upcoming or next stop name of the
bus , prior to passengers who are traveling in
● It is fully human dependent.
● The conductor of the public transit can provide the
● The traveller himself has to get these information
from the co traveller.
● Microcontroller unit with Global Positioning System
[ GPS ] embedded in it.
● Contains Display Unit to display the locative
information like upcoming stop details in the route .
● EM-406a GPS SiRF III Receiver with patch
● Arduino Microcontroller with ATMega328
● AdaFruit GPS shield version 1.1 with inbuilt SD
● JHD162a 16*2 line LCD display module
● Wires and fixtures
● SYSTEM : Pentium IV 2.4 Ghz
● HARD DISK : 40GB
● MONITOR : 15 VGA color
● MOUSE : Logitech
● RAM : 512 MB
● KEYBOARD : PS/2 Keyboard
● USB PORTS : 2
Operating system : Linux - Ubuntu
IDE : Arduino IDE Version 0017
Coding Language : C
The Arduino IDE has the following dependencies
● sun's java runtime
● Consists of Development Environment and Core
●It is written in Java and based on Processing
● Core Libraries are written in C and C++ and code
is compiled using avr-gcc and avr-libc
ARDUINO – FREEDUINO ATMEGA328
RX / TX LEDs Digital pins
Power LED MicroController
EM-406a GPS Receiver Module
Adafruit GPS Shield V1.1 For EM-406a
SMT Connector RX / TX Pins
3.3v Level Pins
Location Fix LED Power Pins
Card Write LED Analog pins
The Components are integrated into a unit and is powered up
using a 9V battery.
It is then took and travelled along in the sample route
The latitude and longitude values are logged into SD card
After logging, the file is uploaded into the site
The output map is as follows,
Using the sample log file, the required waypoints, their latitude
and longitude are noted and is used for comparison
The comparison code is uploaded and the GPS unit is again took
for ride in the same route.
● Passengers can travel freely without
depending on others
● Less usage of manpower
●Functional Unit can be prepared in affordable
Not useful for visually challenged people
GPS works rarely in cloudy conditions
●Usage of SD card limits datastorage of route
Incorporating wireless connectivity.
Adding Audio enabled systems to announce
the locative information to the passengers.
Including more locative informations.
The project acts as a great help to passengers who are
new to the route and provides them with locative
information which helps them to get down at the required
location or bus stops in a route.