So you joined Facebook, accepted friends and started posting status/wall messages. However, does your boss need to know about Friday night? Should your friends be contacted by your friendly financial advisor? Would you accept a friend request from a student? How can Facebook impact your teaching? Join us to learn how to protect your privacy on Facebook.
1. Click Account2. Select Edit Friends3. Click +Create a List4. Type the name of a list (i.e. work, high school, family)5. Select friends to add to list.6. Click
Regardless if you know someone from various places, pick only one list.http://completeinnovator.ﬁles.wordpress.com/2008/12/one_ﬁnger_350o.jpg
1. Click Account2. Edit Friends3. Hover near the right side to see lists.4. Click edit list if your friends don’t have a home.
Never let your boss, ex-boyfriend, or grandma know that you drink, swear, or punch your husband.Photo from inStudio
• Account Privacy Settings• Select Custom, then Customize Settings.• Includes: Information found on your wall, proﬁle information, status messages, and notes/links.• Select Custom in the Drop Downs, choose which lists to share with or exclude. http://customersrock.ﬁles.wordpress.com/2007/11/remember.jpg
Keeping Our Friends Quiet • Friends can check me into places. • Edit settings. • Select disabled. • Choose okay.http://www.mydoorsign.com/img/lg/S/Quiet-Please-Sign-SE-2020.gif
• Things people share- make sure this is set to only your friends, with custom exceptions. • Contact information- set to only me. • Click ‘Preview Proﬁle’ - defaultshttp://1000awesomethings.ﬁles.wordpress.com/2008/08/telephone1.jpg to search. Type in a name to view friend’s settings.
Facebook, Bing, and Google are the newest members of the interviewing committee.http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/2127820/handshake-main_Full.jpg
• Account Privacy Settings• Applications and Websites• Public Search• Edit Settings• Uncheck the ‘Enable Public Search’ box. http://www.chiropracticlifeblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/wave2.jpg
• Go privacy settings. • Select ‘View Settings’ Under Connecting on Facebook. • Select how people canhttp://margotmystic.ﬁles.wordpress.com/2008/09/magnifying-glass.jpg search for you, send friend requests, and send messages.
Tag on the playground had one set of rules,tag in the 21st century has a different set. g kids.jp /tag- rd erby rolle /blo gs/st S .com/C abble //www.b http:
1. You cannot avoid the tag.2. Pictures/Videos are tagged by you or others.3. As long as you know someone’s email address you can tag them in a photo.4. You can tag someone in your status message by putting the http://schools.cbe.ab.ca/b847/Resiliency/images/at-sign%5B1%5D.jpg ‘@’ sign in front of their name. It will then write that message on their wall.
• Individual writes a status message and includes you with the ‘@’ sign. The post goes on your wall for your mutual friends to see. • Your wall is visible to anyone, your photos are not visible. You post new photos, but because a ‘non-friend’ can see your wall, they can see yourhttp://realityupgrade.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/lock_picking_breakin_in.jpg photos.
Just because we have beenfriends since we were ﬁve,doesn’t mean you should postpictures from junior high.
• Click account and then privacy.• Select Edit privacy settings for existing photo albums and videos.• Use the drop down menu to select privacy.• Set rules i.e. work friends ≠ seeing family pictures.• http://www.dobegephotography.co.uk/albums/Graphistudio%20Wedding%20Albums%20Cheshire.jpg You have to do this for each photo album.
Suggesting Photos• Account and then privacy settings.• Customize settings.• Suggest photos of me to friends.• Edit settings• http://www.seoulcityblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/red-suggestion-box1.gif Select disabled and okay.
I will not give you sympathywhen I read, “It’s Complicated” http://memyselfandhi.ﬁles.wordpress.com/2008/07/break_up_advice.jpg
• Hover over the item in your proﬁle and click the x to remove the post. • This will take care of your friend’s News Feeds in about 30 minutes.http://www.inewidea.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/image007en1.JPG
No one cares if you gaineda level in Maﬁa Wars. http://static.open.salon.com/ﬁles/plugged_ears1242413101.jpg
• Account Privacy Settings• Apps and websites, edit settings.• Apps you use.• Edit Settings• To chose what this app can and cannot do.• You have to do this for each http://www.accountingweb.com/ﬁles/siftmedia-accountingwebus/images/TrafﬁcCop.jpg application.
• Just in case you don’t want to read everyone’s adventures in Farmville • On the home page click a friend who is using the application and selecthttp://www.rocklandstudios.com/clmccoyframing/images/company/hammer_nails.png ‘Hide Farmville’
There are other annoying things you can do with your time. In other words, I don’t want a play-by-play.http://www.forestarea.k12.mi.us/ac/CHRISTMAS/2008/lanechristmas/board.jpg
• Click the lock on your status message to not share with everyone.• Status messages can be update on a post by post message. Although not on mobile phone. http://ﬁnestkiss.ﬁles.wordpress.com/2009/02/blah_blah_blah.jpg
• Account Privacy Settings • Apps and Websites, Edit your settings • Info accessible through your friends. • Uncheck every box.http://kallahmagazine.com/ribbonedInvitation.jpg
• From Main Page, select game requests. • Select Ignore invites from this friend or Block this application. • Do the same for app requests.http://blogs.creativeloaﬁng.com/dailyloaf/ﬁles/2009/05/junk_mail_mailbox.jpg
Before you get sent to the principal’s ofﬁce, know what is going on ﬁrst.http://bendingbackwards.ﬁles.wordpress.com/2009/01/050930_brats_vmedwidec.jpg?w=204&h=300
• Account Account Settings• Notiﬁcations• Select which notiﬁcations that you would like to receive.• My recommendations: Tags me in a photo and tags me http://www.nasddds.org/images/email.jpg in a video.
Never be guilty by association.http://blogs.babycenter.com/momformation/ﬁles/2009/07/handcuffs.jpg
• Choose your friends wisely, well almost.• Find a particular friend.• Scroll down past their friends and select unfriend.• Select remove from Friends to de- friend someone. http://www.idiomsbykids.com/taylor/mrtaylor/class20022003/idioms/idioms2003/idioms2/grow%20up.jpg
My Front Door Policy• To be a friend, I have to be willing to let you through my front door.• Or, I have let you through my front door at one point (high school friends). http://www.somersetsupply.com/images/MarvinEntryDoors/Marvin%20Entry%20RGB/Craftsman_Door_3402bigRGB.jpg
Full - Access• To see everything on my page, must meet any of the following: • You have current walk in privileges at our house. • You are in my ‘People I Really Like Group’ • You know a family secret.