1.CHECK YOUR UNDESTANDING: TRUE OR FALSE CIRCLE TRUE OR
1.Valentin’es day is on February the 14TH TRUE FALSE
2. It`s traditional to send cards secretly on Valentine`s day TRUE FALSE
3. WUBMV means “Will you buy me a Valentine’s card” TRUE FALSE
Is false because that means “WILL YOU BE MY VALENTINE”
4. Chocolates and flowers are popular presents on February the 14TH. TRUE
5. It’s unlucky to get married on Valentine’s Day. TRUE FALSE
It’s false because is more a popular day to get married, and is a good way to
remember the day.
6. Most British men think that Valentine’s Day is too commercial. TRUE FALSE
There is only a comment saying San Valentine’s day is too commercial, no
everything, for the British is a traditional day.
2.CHECK YOUR UNDERSTANDING: GAP FILL COMPLETE THE GAPS
WITH A WORD FROM THE BOOK.
1.Everyone tries to work out who sent a card and who has a SECRET admirer.
2.Following the tradition of Valentine’s Day all the comment’s below are
3.Fro true ROMANTICS the gift of love is enough.
4.I sent a Valentine’s card ANONYMOUSLY to a boy in my class when I was
5.If a girl likes me I don`t need to waste money sending her a card just because
it’s a TRADITION.
6.It is also traditional to send an anonymous card to anyone you SECRETLY
7. TRADITIONALY men give chocolates or flowers to their wives or girlfriends.
8. Who says ROMANCE is dead?
3.CHECK YOUR UNDERSTANING: MULTIPLE CHOICE CIRCLE THE BEST
ANSER FOR THESE SENTENCES.
1. Is it TRADITIONAL to give presents on February 14TH in your country?
TRADITIONAL- TRADITIONALLY- TRADITION
2.We have a similar TRADITION but it’s in April.
TRADITIONAL TRADITIONALLY TRADITION
3. I think I’ve got a SECRET admirer!
SECRET SECRETLY SECREATIVE
4.If someone SECRETLY loves you maybe you’ll receive a card on Valentine’s
5.Sending a card ANONYMOUSLY is a crazy idea!
6.Don`t write your name on the card if you want to be ANONYMOUS.
7.Do you think the British are a ROMANTIC nation?
8. He gave me a CD called “Music for love and ROMANCE”. Do you think he
DO YOU CELEBRATE VALENTINE’S DAY IN YOUR COUNTRY? IF NOT, IS
THERE A SIMILAR DAY IN YOUR COUNTRY?
Not is exactly the same, in my country is celebrate the “LOVE A FRIENDSHIPS’
DAY” and is in September.
WHAT GIFTS DO PEOPLE USUALLY GIVE IN YOUR COUNTRY?
Chocolates, roses, cards, teddies and much more things.
DO MEN AND WOMEN BUY EACH OTHER GIFTS?
IS IT POPULAR WITH YOUNG PEOPLE, OLDER PEOPLE OR EVERYBODY?
I think that is most popular in young people.